Difference between .COM and .CO.UK domains?

pathfinder

Hi there,

I want to know what is the difference between .com and .co.uk domains?
And if I buy a domain .co.uk then which benefits I can get from it for SEO, keyword rankings or business?

please share honest thought.

blueclcl

Hi there

A .com domain can target anywhere in the world and is the most common used domain name.

A .co.uk domain is specific to the UK and will target the UK only, although the website behind the .co.uk domain can be seen by anyone in the world.

If your intention is to target the UK only, then purchase a .co.uk domain and also purchase hosting from a UK supplier.

The SEO benefits from this alone isn't massive, but it will certainly help.

Epic

If your are targeting visitors from all over the globe, then you should go for .com, but if you are targeting UK local visitors then you can go for the .co.uk.

As for SEO, local search engines can not ignore websites/domains with country or city TLD.

Also, if you are targeting internationally and your looking to brand your business, it would be wise to register the .com extension with all other popular extensions and important local ones.

vietnamtravel

I think .com for USA and all countries, .co.uk for UK it is very good for UK.

pathfinder

If you get .co.uk, you also get preferential access to .uk (without the .co)
I never heard of this, so if I buy a .co.uk, it will obtain autocratically .uk?

Hi there

A .com domain can target anywhere in the world and is the most common used domain name.

A .co.uk domain is specific to the UK and will target the UK only, although the website behind the .co.uk domain can be seen by anyone in the world.

If your intention is to target the UK only, then purchase a .co.uk domain and also purchase hosting from a UK supplier.

The SEO benefits from this alone isn't massive, but it will certainly help.
Thanks for sharing your advice, I think .co.uk will help me to SEO better than .com in UK

webmuss

A .com domain is targeted worldwide. That means your website audience is worldwide. This is also the most common domain extension available. A .co.uk domain extension is specific to UK only although anyone from around the world can view your website. Your website ranks better on search engines for UK audience in case you have a .co.uk domain. However, the difference is not that big. In fact, there are various different factors that affect search engines rankings.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.