Social Media or Social Networking?

Alex_smith

I'm sure someone couldn't distinguish exactly between between Social Media and Social Networking, what is the diffidence?
when I use term social network, when i will use social media in a context?

ericplotz1

I'm sure someone couldn't distinguish exactly between between Social Media and Social Networking, what is the diffidence?
when I use term social network, when i will use social media in a context?
Social media is what you publish on a social network.

Johnson

Social Media is a path that permits you to telecast your message to a group of people. Remember that online networking includes a large number of strategies that include: feature, photos, representation, blogging, PR and that's just the beginning. Using each of these successfully permit you to transmit your message through online networking sites and email advertising.

Social Networking is the way you utilize Social Media. Person to person communication is the methodology of opening up lines of correspondence with clients or potential clients. This may be two path correspondence in the middle of you and someone else or a gathering of individuals. Long range interpersonal communication provides for you the road to manufacture constant connections that permits you to construct trust and faithfulness that can be extremely hard to make on the web.

Basically, Social Media permits you to show your message as wide or particular you wish to be.Social Networking is the methodology of opening a dialog and build connections. Social Networking is the way you use Social Media.

Fonzan

This is how I see Social Media and Social networking:

Social Media= Online making friends report in Facebook, twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ YouTube etc etc...

Social networking= Offline, meaning; going to network meetings to meet other entrepreneurs ,doing business face to face.

Reactions: Marx Melencio

Gregorio

Gregorio
I have not ever heard that social networking is offline...doing business face to face..any one can tell me it's true? :think:

Fonzan

Fonzan
Gregorio,

Really? Have you never heard of this? Are you only busy with your business online?
Ok, what I am talking about is something you see a lot in LinkedIn groups.
Here in the Netherlands and also the UK there are these Open coffee meetings once a week or month,
where entrepreneurs are coming together in, let's say the bar of the World Trade Center
(Every city has a WTC) to have a coffee, meet new people, trade business cards and talk business.

Here's an example of the London open coffee club: [URLnf=http://www.meetup.com/londonocc/]http://www.meetup.com/londonocc/[/URLnf]

Marx Melencio

My Take

I think the terms "social media" and "social networking" would mean whatever context you use it for, when mentioning it in the social media materials that you share across your online and offline social networks, where you're doing social networking and social media publishing campaigns, for commercial and non-commercial gain ... :)

This is just like this social media post that I'm sharing across this thread in this social network, so as to possibly gain commercial value for myself (through the exposure of my sig), or non-commercial value that could make me gain new friends who could in turn generate mutually beneficial commercial value for all parties ... :)

ErikaClark

I think Social networking is a community or group which allow you to share, edit and publish your ideas with your friends or anyone and Social media gives you opportunity to promote your brand online.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.