Amazon vs. Clickbank, which one is better to sell eBooks?

HomeBiz

Greetings all,

I'm preparing to publish ann ebook and selling it online, I heard about big platform for selling ebooks, they're Amazon and clickbank
but I don't know which one I should stick with? and which one is better for selling my ebook, Amazon or Clickbank?
Please give me an advice if you have experice on selling your ebooks.

Thank in advance.

Nytshade

I don't use Clickbank, but I use JVZoo. I've also sold books via amazon as well. My advise would be to go with Clickbank because it's not easy to promote amazon books and they sell for low price.

High priced books don't sell well on amazon, anything less than $10 will sell well. Anything that is cheap will require a lot of buyers to make a stable income as compared to getting a few buyers for a high priced product.

You can try them both, but that would be risky because whoever buys it a high price and then see it on amazon being sold cheap will get pissed and you'll loose a customer(s).

Go with Clickbank, you might also get other people to help you promote the book if you upload it on Clickbank.

elcidofaguy

Hi HomeBiz,

I would say JVZoo is great if your product is focused towards Internet Marketing - I use them and also think the platform is much easier to learn and use... For niches outside of that then my vote goes for Clickbank (CB) as it has a massive repository of products and with that an active affiliate workforce numbering over 110,000!

I agree with Nytshade that CB is most likely better than Amazon given fees per sale can be more with referral fees at ~15% plus additional overheads versus CB at ~$49 one-time activation fee plus 7.5% plus $1 on each sale.

That said if you are going to go with CB - then I would develop a more broader product e.g. video, audio files, bonus ebooks etc.... In addition you'll need to put some effort into your landing page... On the plus side that will mean that you can charge a lot more and hopefully earn more... However if its just the ebook on its own - then I would say go with Amazon...

Best of Luck,

Sid

The Overseer

OP what is your ebook about? Amazon is great for fiction, fantasy, and the like. CB/JVZ is for how-to and non-fiction. I hate how every a$$hole is flocking to Amazon with non-fiction, PLR, and how to guides promising 10 inches added to your wee wee in 30 days. Sickening. If you're writing a novel...Amazon. If it's a how to manual, CB/JVZ. That's my 1 dollar.

Fonzan

yes, I also go for Amazon and Clickbank to sell your ebook on both.
On clickbank: Be sure you have a lot of options to make it for the affiliates as easy as possible.
Just check other ebook/courses products on clickbank to see what to expect with the "affiliate options"

With amazon, it's a different story. You convert your ebook (word file I guess?) into a Kindle file.
You sign up for a free kindle account. https://kindle.amazon.com/
You can even experience with 3 different ebook covers (with the same ebook title), which one converts better.
Then you scale up the best converted one and delete the other ones.
And..... amazon will do a lot of promotion for you, why?
Because then amazon will make good money as well!

The Overseer

I advise you to sell your ebook on both sites, it will not cost you anything it doesn't hurt you at all.
yes, I also go for Amazon and Clickbank to sell your ebook on both.

I'm sorry, but I HATE seeing this kind of answer! This is INCORRECT and wreaks of inexperience!

Unless you're going to sell your ebook on CB/JVZ for less than $10, as you will on Amazon {you won't}, then forget it!

No one will buy an ebook for $17,27,37,47, or even $97 on Amazon like the do on CB/JVZ!

Please do not sprout the pish of "just do it across all platforms". They are NOT compatible. Sorry, they just aren't. Amazon is for ebooks that will be sold for less than $10! Hence fiction, novels, fantasy, and the like.

JVZ/CB is for non-fiction and how to guides. Hence the higher price points. They are NOT compatible!

CTRtools

agreed, JVZoo would be a good place to start. I would try to get something going on that. Dont expect to make much of a profit from it though, you are likely going to need to give 90% of the sales to them, and then you will monetize on the back end.. up selling other products

Content by Rhonda

If you use Amazon you will have immediate access to all their traffic, but you can't charge as much for the ebook on Amazon as you can on Clickbank. Clickbank sales won't come unless you advertise your book or have associates with list to mail the offer too. If you are brand new I'd stick with either Amazon or try JV Zoo or the Warrior Forum. Of course this all depends on the niche as well.

Benaiah

Nice reviews about the selling of eBooks.Actually i am also a web surfer and according to my experience Amazon is the best seller over all and also in the eBooks.

tiffiecute

My advice? Sell on both and don't stop there. You need to widen your marketing audience. Take advantage of Facebook and Instagram. In those ways, you can attract more readers. Join 'OnlineBookclub.org' as well to gain book reviews.

girlkaptain

Amazon is reputed as the most vast affiliated covering products from different vendors and millions of affliliate around the globe. Clickbank is especially designed for the affliate program set up for the people having a solid background in digital field.

HomeBiz

agreed, JVZoo would be a good place to start. I would try to get something going on that. Dont expect to make much of a profit from it though, you are likely going to need to give 90% of the sales to them, and then you will monetize on the back end.. up selling other products
Thanks CTRtools for your suggestion, I heard of JVZoo but not tried it yet. I will check it out.

If you use Amazon you will have immediate access to all their traffic, but you can't charge as much for the ebook on Amazon as you can on Clickbank. Clickbank sales won't come unless you advertise your book or have associates with list to mail the offer too. If you are brand new I'd stick with either Amazon or try JV Zoo or the Warrior Forum. Of course this all depends on the niche as well.
Seem Clickbank is for better sales but to get good result with this network, I need more effort and inventions for it :)

hamlak

You should have your answer by now but I just need to clarify something for the seek of people who will read this thread later. Some answers were definitely from people not experienced in ebook publishing / selling. So they got it all mixed up.

I have been selling ebooks for over 10 years now, so I should now what works.

Amazon is for you if you want to sell your ebook within the $10 price range. In fact the sweet price there is $2.99 - $4.99. Amazon does not encourage you to sell above $10 period. One advantage here is that you can make a sale without doing any promo. But don't expect to make a lot with this. Also it is a numbers game in Amazon. The more ebooks you have here, the more you can sell and earn. You need to have up to 100 ebooks to start seeing something meaningful on this platform.

Clickbank will enable you get a good price but be ready to cough out $49 registration fee. It used to be per product in the past. Don't know what the situation is right now. It is good for selling all kinds eBooks - all niches do well here. Plus you can have many Affiliates promoting your products once it picks off. Don't expect to make a sell without some promotional efforts.

WarriorPlus and JVzoo are good if you are selling products in the Make Money Online and Affiliate Marketing world. You can get good price points here especially at the up-sells. There are many buyers on the platforms plus you can get Affiliates to promote your product if you make the efforts You can do this by doing a big launch.

So that is it! You now know where you want to go. This is from someone that has doe it.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.