Want Google to Quickly Index Your Pages? Test These Simple 6-Step Tactics... :)

Marx Melencio

Jonathan85 published a thread on how to speed up SE indexing. It's a great thread and covers a lot of ground. However, if you just want to have your new content indexed by Google in a matter of minutes (Google says they'll crawl a page in less than a day if you do the things below, but according to our recent tests for the sites of our clients, it just takes a few minutes up to a couple of hours), then keep in mind these short, simple and straightforward 6-step tactics to have your pages quickly indexed by Google...

1. Submit your sitemap by using the Sitemap Submission function in Google Webmaster Tools;

2. Generate a Crawl Errors report in Google Webmaster Tools on a frequent basis, say every after 2 to 3 days or so;

3. When you publish new content, make sure it's included in your XML sitemap;

4. Re-submit your sitemap by using the Sitemap Submission function in Google Webmaster Tools each time you publish new content (and afer you ensure that your new content's in your XML sitemap);

5. Use the Fetch As Google option in Google Webmaster Tools to submit your new content; and

6. Repeat steps 2 to 5...

RESULT: Your pages'll be indexed in just a few minutes up to a couple of hours according to our recent tests for the sites of our clients, and latest would be a day according to Google...

NOTES: Of course, make sure that you aren't using the noindex meta tag. Also, if you don't know how to properly create sitemaps, then you can use free and premium auto sitemap generators. I recommend the premium Microsys A1 Sitemap Generator with a fully functional 30-day trial. This allows you to properly create sitemaps of various types, such as XML sitemaps, Google News sitemaps, Google Video sitemaps (which has also been tested with good results even for video embeds of externally hosted videos) and so on... :)

Cheers! :)

Last edited:

Marx Melencio

My Bad

DiamondIM,

Sorry, wasn't clear on that -- What I meant is to generate a Crawl Errors report in Google Webmaster Tools. Hope this clears things up (I'll go ahead and edit my OP now). Cheers! :)

Last edited:

pathfinder

NOTES: Of course, make sure that you aren't using the noindex meta tag...
I heard about noindex meta tag but honestly I don't know its function for what?. It prevent search engine robots from crawling your web pages?

Marx Melencio

Re: Crawl Error Solutions

DiamondIM,

The best solution depends on the specific error, so it's best to tackle each error and test out solutions that work, instead of formulating an end-all-be-all solution, which I doubt exists... :)

Last edited:

Marx Melencio

Re: Google's noindex Meta Tag

Pathfinder,

I think you can use the noindex meta tag while you're testing or working on your sites, i.e. Broken links, CSS, accessibility issues and so on? Also, WordPress has a function that allows admins to block SE bots, and I think it's there mainly because of this purpose...

Last edited:

yunarel

NOTES: Of course, make sure that you aren't using the noindex meta tag. Also, if you don't know how to properly create sitemaps, then you can use free and premium auto sitemap generators. I recommend the premium Microsys A1 Sitemap Generator with a fully functional 30-day trial. This allows you to properly create sitemaps of various types, such as XML sitemaps, Google News sitemaps, Google Video sitemaps (which has also been tested with good results even for video embeds of externally hosted videos) and so on...
For custom websites then Microsys A1 Sitemap Generator will crawl all URLs to create sitemap? it has any limitations?

Marx Melencio

Yunarel,

Yes, the Microsys A1 Sitemap Generator works with custom sites. It's a Windows desktop software that'll generate sitemaps for your site. You can use sitemap templates for creating XML / Google News / Google Video / Google Image / Google Mobile / Google Code / Google Base Feed / RSS feed / ROR / ASP.NET / text / HTML Menu / HTML sitemaps... :)

Older threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.