Can classified ad website make passive income from it?

hoangvu

Hi webmasters,

I have a question about a classified ad website because I'm going to build a site in this niche but I don't know it can give me more profits or not
Can classified ad website make passive income from it?
has it got more competitors today and any tips to succeed with a classified ad website?

Thanks
Winson

Nytshade

You cannot know for sure unless you try :)

Yes a classified ad website can make passive income. Every business owner online/offline is always looking for ways to promote their stuff. So if you can get good traffic to your website then you can simply contact business owners to come promote their businesses.

Then once it's popular you make them pay for featured, highlighted and sticky posts. Also have ads around the site to maximize profits. The beginning stages will be hard but I think it's a great business model with great potential for passive income.

Hassan

few methods Below:

1. Featured Posts
Many classified websites make money from their featured listing every advertiser want his posts on top to get more response in the same time webmasters can make decent income from featured posts.

2. Advertising Platforms
If you dont have enough featured listing income you can use other Advertising Platforms such as Google AdSense, Chitika, Kontera etc and make money.

3. Additional Services
You can allow buyers and sellers some extra services for charge them such as verified account and delivery system to help the buyers and the sellers on your website.

ClassifiedWarrior

There are plenty of ways to make passive income off a classified website, such as advertisers, sponsored posts, and other membership upgrades. Before you start a classified website, make sure to have a solid plan ready because it won't be easy to launch one that has to compete against the dominating Craigslist or hundreds of other popular classifieds.

My advice would be to stick with a small niche and then grow on that. This is exactly how Craigslist started, it was only available in one area and they slowly expanded.

It can be very expensive in a marketing budget to launch a classified website due to the fact there are already thousands out there. Gaining the traffic will depend on your uniqueness and features. What do you offer that other classifieds don't? Most people tend to target classifieds that have a big community to start with so focus on a viral launch. How will you do it?

Reactions: hoangvu

hoangvu

hoangvu
Seem you are in Classified niche as your username showing on the forum?

To grow a classified website, it can be a high mountain to climd to the Top with me, do you have any experience in growing or developing a classified website to make it become popular?

ClassifiedWarrior

ClassifiedWarrior
I am very knowledgeable in the field of classifieds however I am not in the business of owning one as of right now. My name refers to classified posting service which is very popular especially on Craigslist due to the amount of fresh leads it can provide.

However I am working on a project right now that is niche specific that is somewhat of a classified website. It is something i have had on the shelves for a very long time and decided to look for investors. It is a one of a kind idea that can dominate Craigslist in the long-run.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
DNP
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies