How to get more traffic from RSS feeds?

SrRyan

I heard about this technique long time ago but I don't know how to apply my RSS feed to get more traffic?
my blog has already activated rss feed on each category but how to drive traffic to them? any tips?

elcidofaguy

Hi SrRyan -

The theory is that people who like your blog will subscribe to your RSS feed so that they are kept up to date on new posts etc.... hence more traffic through subscriptions... similar to email newsletter announcing a new post...

However in practical terms you'll probably find that they get used to steal content... and if done by a more authoritative site which gets crawled more than your site then chances are they will get the credit and G will see you as the plagiarist!!! To minimize that you can add identifiers/backlinks, summaries only to your RSS feed as some of them dont even check the content and just repost it as a splog (spam blog).... So that may help with your SEO - there are some plugins out there that can help with all of this.... That said you can probably tell I'm not a fan of RSS feeds.... although there are certainly useful for current affairs, syndicated news etc...

I personally would not waste my time on attempting to get traffic via RSS feeds... I would focus on list building, content marketing, social as well as video marketing....

Best Of Luck,

Sid

Hassan

RSS feed is the basic methods of generating continuous traffic to your websites/blogs by Submitting RSS feeds to different online Feed Aggregators you create inbound links, Your page will be index quickly in search engines, and create constant organic traffic.

Maxwell

Maxwell
Hey Hassan, I think the OP already knew about that and The OP asking about ways to increase traffic with RSS.

I suppose that elcidofaguy said exactly, we shouldn't focus on increasing traffic by rss, instead of using forums, social media, SEO and other methods.

elcidofaguy

elcidofaguy
But that's the thing - I seriously have doubts about online feed aggregators - especially if you do not want your content stolen or worse when it comes to hacks as I have my suspicions as to how these damn things target sites in addition to pinging/trackbacks... Further DUP content does not really help with promoting your site wrt SERPs and aggregators... In my opinion its crap as we do not live in utopia and as such the vast majority will attempt to steal content...

Think about this... The global stats for splog sites its massive.... with stolen content on the increase.... If you're going to do it at least listen to my advice relating to how to best protect with excerpt text with inclusion of links back to your site... also chances are other sites will get credit over yours wrt duplicate content (I'm noticing a lot of supposed authority sites engaged in such shady behaviour and getting away with it)... Be careful and be wise is my best advice with this....

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.