Stripe Review

gabrielle

What about this website?
I have not ever heard about it before?
It's a payment gateway like Paypal?

ron13315

stripe is a way to accept credit and debit card payment online. Some payment plugins out there use stripe api key. I found an interesting plugin that requires stripe keys to work.

Last edited:

Irina

Stripe is a payment service which is usually used by micro- and midsize merchants. This payment solution is considered to be one of the PayPal alternatives. Businesses often use this solution when they need to accept international payments.

It is impossible to say that it is 100% percent secure because at least tiny possibility of fraud always exists, though, it is considered to be quite a secure one.

ElixantTechnology

Hello,

We utilize stripe as a payment gateway, and are very pleased with their solution. They are very strict on their regulations, and follow every guideline. They are PCI Compliant and must undergo strict security testing as they are certified by many banks.

web-project

Stripe allow to exactly the same PayPal Pro, example accept payments via phone or fax, as they do have terminal in their control panel + you will be able ro connect to your website via API or html form (very easy to integrate)

ron13315

Yes I email stripe because I cant find my country on their dashboard or country list. They seem to have a great service but not for all country. As I experienced on their dashboard, it was users friendly and seems to easily understand every tab or page they have.

mark-blockity

Within 10 years of web development I went through several payment gateways integrations and stripe is the best I found. Very good documentation, api and pricing. If you consider paypal, chargify or stripe, go for stripe.

Web Marketing Tool

Keep checking back every few months to see if they add your country. They are worth it. Just like everyone else I have nothing but good to say about them. From the dozen or more payment processors I've worked with they are at the top of my list. Plus I have many happy clients using them.

ericplotz1

I used to utilize Stripe.

Not anymore, for reasons I won't get into.

For my clients I utilize Braintree Payments. Best processing company on the web. Outside of them I use a CC processor here in Camarillo where i live. They've gotta deal with Authorize.net and can offer processing for 1.9% + $40 a month. Bank Card USA is the name of the company. If you're moving a lot of volume then a small business CC processor will be your best bet.

As far as security, all of the processors are pretty secure, just don't be an idiot and not research the companies.

Mike_Brown

My personal experience with Stripe was not good at all. Essentially 90% of the payments we received via Stripe were fraudulent. We did everything they recommended including matching the country to the card and checking the CVC security number. The €15 chargeback fee became too much to handle when they were arriving in bulk. We eventually had to get rid of it and now just stick with Paypal.

expertintegrations

I currently do not use stripe at the moment for one of our preferred methods of payment. However I have heard positive and negative feedback on this processor as some mentioned here. Hence the reason I haven't added it quite yet, as I read here some has tightened there level of security to fight fraud payment; but you know in this time & age its very hard to escape 100% but there is many other methods available some are manually done; which I actually prefer over automated of course a system doesn't have common sense so it will just check the levels provided in the back end.

But the way I would handle this would take a wider scope if I where getting more fraud payments then legit, would be processing all payment manually; do a phone verification; & double check everything then once all checks out I would process the payment manually to help prevent issues; but as mentioned you cannot fight 100% of it; but you can slow it down this way.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views