Earn money by freelancing?

Maxoq

Hi everyone,
I would like to start freelancing to earn side income. I know a little about graphic design, SEO and wordpress. What do I need to start a successful career in freelancing?
If you have any experience with freelancer sites or jobs, pleas give your advice.

ron13315

You can create your portfolio website to show your works and how they can contact you. Plus there is also a lot of freelancer site like odesk.com, elance.com. Goodluck to you.

christophergrayson

I use elance(.)com, you might need to do a few low paid jobs to get feedback but then you can earn a decent bit of money on them.

Another option is fiverr.com if the work you are doing can be turned around in a short amount of time.

There's quite a lot of competition in design, SEO and wordpress though - you will need to look and find something that will make you stand out above the competition.

Hassan

There are other ways for make money if you are not professional. To be honest if you dont have good portfolio its very hard get a job from Elance, oDesk or such websites.

mido

Create a complete profile at oDesk and start working for prices below average in order to get some references. Then increase your rates accordingly.

cristyroy

Today freelancing is the best way to earn money. You can find freelancing work on upwork, x-team, freelance, and EngineerBabu.

FreebieBoy34

Hi everyone,
I would like to start freelancing to earn side income. I know a little about graphic design, SEO and wordpress. What do I need to start a successful career in freelancing?
If you have any experience with freelancer sites or jobs, pleas give your advice.
Hi there! I've been through freelancing before and I think these are the things you need in order to be successful:

1. Create a resume stating your personal details and highlight mostly your skills as well as the projects you have done in relation to SEO, WP, and graphic design. Also, don't forget to include your contact details so would-be clients will be able to know how to reach you.

2. Go to different websites where you can find any prospect clients and get the contact details so you can reach out to them. Ask them if there's any project you can do for them and attach the portfolio in your email. Aside from that, you can also go to employment websites where you can find postings of projects or tasks and apply in these postings...

3. If you are able to land on a project, be sure to talk with the client first about the nature of the project, the workload you are about to do, the time of work, the mode of payment, and any important details you need to discuss. Once you come into an agreement, you can now start on the project.

4. Always make sure to do well in all of your projects and make it a point to exceed your client's expectations on you. If you do this, you resume will look more impressive and they might hire you for future projects (or recommend you to their friends also)...

5. Finally, make sure to build a good working relationship with your clients and always submit your work on time...:)

Hope this helps.:)

RenderedElite

Upwork is the best freelance site nowadays, but it can be very hard to get started so you have to be patient.

Create a portfolio website, add a blog to it and post frequently. Focus on SEO for your services and make landing page to target various niche audiences. It's very easy to start earning an income freelancing, good luck to you!

behappie

Freelancing job is one of the ways of making good money. But making money from freelancing doesn't come easily. You have to a skill. For beginners, it could be most challenging and discouraging but when you have learnt the art of the business, it becomes very easy and fun to do per time.

Ridew

Freelancing is great way to get some extra cash. You will find some difficulties at the beginning such as dealing with bad clients..etc But Here is my advice, start with low price, no matter what project you work on, just be patient and do it until create your portfolio and get some positive feedback from your clients. Then, start increasing the prices (Rates). Good luck! :)

fern2x2001

I believe you should ask yourself first if freelancing is for you. Freelancing comes with many advantages and disadvantages. like for example, i have read a survey that says that people who are self employed are happier with their jobs, but more stressed about money. So before you get into the hard work of freelancing, take some time to evaluate whether this is the right move for you. If you're really still want to try freelancing, then i suggest not to quit your daily regular offline job if you have one. This would help you finance your daily needs while still building your career at freelancing because money can really a tough issue if your just starting out as a new freelancer. Next is to try and generalize your genre. Do not stick to a specific project. This is to make your chance higher at landing your first job. After finishing a couple of projects, then you could move to specify your targeted genre. There are a lot more you need to consider. But let's hear more from our fellow members here. :)

kailey

Create a profile that indicates your specification, your expertise, your experience and anything that could help you land a better side job and of course, thay will pay you a better salary that could pay off your performance. Anyways, even if it qill pay you lower than you are expecting, will at least accept it since you are just a beginner, but once you've proven them (tge compan that hired you) that you are competent and deserving an increase, I'm sure theyll never hesitate to give you salary increase for tge job well done.

HazelDJ

Make your own website and publish your skills. Many private persons are seeking to that kind of skills you have. But just be careful because there are clients who are not paying.

You can also apply to other sites who hire freelancers. You can google it. There are sites which are legitimate and are paying good. Just read the reviews so that you will have an idea if those sites are good or not.

sidrawat

It’s a wonderful and fun life, be freelance content writer, an independent worker. Doing what interests you have? Doing what you’re passionate about? And what you’re good at? Is really awesome. You can work from home or anywhere from you want without worrying about working in a professional office environment.

Subharthi89

I guess freelancing is one of the best ways to earn money from home. It is the easiest and the securest ways of all. I have been freelancing on Contentmart.com for many years now and I can say all you need for freelancing is a good writing skill alongside SEO and Wordpress knowledge which you already possess. You can easily contribute as a freelance content writer which is considered to be a budding online industry currently. And the best part is you do not have to show your CV every time you need a job. You can start with the site for which I am working on i.e. Content mart. You can also go for other freelancing sites as well such as freelancer, elance etc. Choose the best option!

CookieRunner

Your niche is very much in demand right now and i am sure you can land a job may it be online, freelancing or even a job in the real corporate world. You can still improve your skills by learning online and be an expert on your niche. You can actually build a website of your own and put your work there where it can be easily seen by your preferred / targeted audience.

Upload proposals or you can try sites which hires freelancers like Upwork dot com or Fiverr dot com. There's so much competition though but you just have to be patient and your time will come.

edenmae29

Odesk (currently Upwork) is the only site where I was able to get a contract as a Social Media Manager. I worked for more than a year on the same position. I just created a profile on their site, took some tests and then applied on available jobs where I was qualified. After a few days I received a response from one of the proposals I submitted and I got that job. I recommend Upwork to newbies who wants to start on freelancing, you can give it a try. There are hundreds of jobs posted everyday, just don't rush and give it some time. Good things come to those who wait. Good luck!

trendjing

It is good that you have skills in regards to computer and internet. All you need to do is to market yourself. You can first make a portfolio of your experiences. You can try applying to upward and fiverr. Although, they sometimes do not need a certain applicant for the positions you chose, but if you have a good experience and show them your portfolio, they might accept you.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.