Private Network Blog

Emma C.

I would like to know whether the private network blog technique is still alive?

bijutoha

Yes it is still alive but you should take care about it, Properly. Otherwise it is a gray or black hat tactic of using a set of sites under your control to implement links to other sites. Best of luck.

barkoq

PBN is very hard to maintain those days. You have to take care of the network, put money and work into it... its not like in the past that PBN's were made from thin air...

elcidofaguy

Indeed PBNs are alive and well... and if done correctly I genuinely believe its one of the safest link building methods... The key is to ensure your PBN is private and not used for selling links as over time G is likely to bash it... Here are some quick tips:

1. Make sure to use WHOIS privacy.
2. Register domain with a separate provider to your money site... This also applies to web hosting....
3. Be careful with footprints e.g. do not use G's analytics, adsense or other platforms which can be linked to your money sites etc from web page source code.... Also same applies to using the same CMS platforms e.g. wordpress, same plugins etc.... The key to protecting your PBNs is eliminate anything which links to your other sites except for the required backlink...
4. With PBNs - only choose domains which have a great/good authority metrics e.g. MOZ DA, Majestic CF/TF... Also check history of domain with wayback machine to see how the website used to look like and if it changed hands before.... You can might be able to tell if it had a spamming history and if so dont bother to buy it... In addition check the quality of current backlinks...
5. Resurrect content or better yet buy the domain together with content if possible...
6. Add new content.. add back links to resources as you want to mix up your OBL (out bound links).... Then add your backlink, ideally to the home page for max link juice or on a web page which has authority metrics and traffic associated with it...

Note: The point here is if all your out bound links go to your money site then its very likely G will detect that you are operating a PBN.... If however you mix it up of which very few or just one link goes to your money site then you should be okay... as that then looks much more natural and extremely difficult to detect algorithmically ...

I hope that helps! Best of Luck!

Cheers,

Sid

barkoq

well written post !!!

i just want to add one thing. Dont use any of the "SEO hostings". it is easier to setup and maintain but its is also very easy to detect that all of the ips are belong to same company. Go with different hosting companies, use shared hosting account, cheap VPS.... use as many different hosting solutions.

Oh, and a big one - choose hsotings where you have cpanel. its easy to automate tasks via cpanel api.
Indeed PBNs are alive and well... and if done correctly I genuinely believe its one of the safest link building methods... The key is to ensure your PBN is private and not used for selling links as over time G is likely to bash it... Here are some quick tips:

2. Register domain with a separate provider to your money site... This also applies to web hosting....
3. Be careful with footprints e.g. do not use G's analytics, adsense or other platforms which can be linked to your money sites etc from web page source code.... Also same applies to using the same CMS platforms e.g. wordpress, same plugins etc.... The key to protecting your PBNs is eliminate anything which links to your other sites except for the required backlink...
4. With PBNs - only choose domains which have a great/good authority metrics e.g. MOZ DA, Majestic CF/TF... Also check history of domain with wayback machine to see how the website used to look like and if it changed hands before.... You can might be able to tell if it had a spamming history and if so dont bother to buy it... In addition check the quality of current backlinks...
5. Resurrect content or better yet buy the domain together with content if possible...
6. Add new content.. add back links to resources as you want to mix up your OBL (out bound links).... Then add your backlink, ideally to the home page for max link juice or on a web page which has authority metrics and traffic associated with it...

Note: The point here is if all your out bound links go to your money site then its very likely G will detect that you are operating a PBN.... If however you mix it up of which very few or just one link goes to your money site then you should be okay... as that then looks much more natural and extremely difficult to detect algorithmically ...

Cheers,

Sid

iTeachBlogging

This seems like so much work. In concept it sounds lovely but by the time you buy all of this hosting and build out all of this content, don't you just have a bunch of truly legitimate blogs?

This is a topic that I think about often but am still confused about. Thank you for the perspectives but would you be better served to just build a bunch of real blogs?

SEOPub

As someone who as been building private networks for over 10 years, I'm going to disagree a lot with this post.

2. Totally unnecessary.
4. Metrics are totally worthless. They mean nothing. What you want to look at are the active links pointing to domain. That is what you are buying. You can find really good domains with low metrics. You can also find awful domains with high metrics. If you are buying just based on what Moz and Majestic are telling you, you are going to buy a lot of duds and waste a lot of money. You will be sitting around wondering why your network does not have the power to rank anything.
5. I would not resurrect content. You are violating someone else's copyright by doing so. Buying a domain does not give you the right to the previous content, unless you are buying the entire site from the previous owner.
6. I would be careful about building too many links off of the home page's of a network. That is probably one of the easiest footprints for Google to track down if they want to.

Cheers,

Sid

Older threads
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.