Should I submit my new blog to web directories?

Stella

I guys, I have just opened a new review blog, I'm going to start promoting it and first things I though it was forum promotion, social networks and directory submission.
But for directories, I don't know it's worth to submit or not at this time, and if yes, why and which benefits?
Please share your advice!

DarrenIO

Yes you should use directories to promote your blog but use high quality directories only. If you are aware of PA (Page Authority) & DA (Domain Authority) just try and aim for site with high DA over 40+ is a good mark also check the alexa rank to see if the site is actively progressing. Hope that helps a little.

RDO Servers

I dont rely on Alexa rank much since its not always accurate, but you you want to consider the other ranks of the site you are submitting to.

Having a link to your site, from a low quality directory, can actually hurt you.

JOSourcing

I agree with RDO Servers. I tried them twice in the past and didn't benefit at all. The only way I would continue with them is if they were specialized and focused on a single industry like medicine or carpentry -- that sort of thing.

emily

Submitting your blog to the directories is worth but submitting in right directory with high PR rank is worth-full. There are many ways to build the links but one most effective and easy way is directory submission.

Last edited:

tk-hassan

Yes, you should definitely submit your blog in web directories, you should also submit your blog in blog directories too but you should not be using the exact same content for all submissions, keep on changing the titles , descriptions etc. This will help you to get good search engine rankings.

elcidofaguy

Seriously do not bother to submit to directories... Google has hit directories hard... You will never see them ranking on the serps.. They carry no traffic or authority... Google will either ignore those links or penalize you as per G's penguin algo.. Google knows that these links are easy to get and further they know that the intent is to game the serps through using them...

Another thing to note is that when you have tons of OBLs on a page the link juice is dilluted... The only directories worth listing on are things like yellow pages, craigs list, dmoz etc - those at least get traffic but the links I am sure are nofollow (exc. dmoz which is extremely difficult to get listed on) hence no link juice and no benefit gained for ranking on serps...

SEOPub

Man, I do not know what directories you guys are using, but I have great results with directories. I'm very selective in which ones I use and avoid ones that allow garbage sites. I have a list in my private course and will not post a list publicly, so do not ask.

I have ranked fairly competitive keywords in the top 15 with just directories. I am working on a couple of reputation management projects right now. We have 8-10 directory listings in the top 20-25 results.

In most cases I stay away from free ones. There are a lot of really good ones out there though.

jameswilliam723

Try to share your blog's post in Social media websites which are highly effective. There are lots contents cuation websites available like scoop.it use those websites effectively. Blog comments to the related articles also be fine but don't share your link to all the related articles. It may leads to spam by sharing a same URL often.

linconcley

In 2018 Directory is total waste of time. Though it was good for backlinks. But right now you can do bookmarking, basically in social site amount people are always high. Right now adword, and guest posting are works so nice.

paritosh

I guys, I have just opened a new review blog, I'm going to start promoting it and first things I though it was forum promotion, social networks and directory submission.
But for directories, I don't know it's worth to submit or not at this time, and if yes, why and which benefits?
Please share your advice!

In 2018, The complete SEO strategy has changed and for this its better to use the social media marketing than the directory submission and must create high quality content that must attracts your visitors.
Because Content it king in these days and Google also give it much priority rather than the other SEO techniques.

ruwaidmalik

I don't think directories are a good option for backlinking especially for blogs. What a business directory has a link with a blog? it does not make sense. Further, directories have very low weightage and if done in bluk it will look spam to google and you may attract penalty. So my recommendation ius to not go for directory and invest your time in a better way

PaymentGateway

Install alexa extension to your browser and check if the directory website DA is greater than your website, it will surely beneficial for your website, and try to post on high pa,da websites, thanks!

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views