6 easy ways to monetize your Apps

yunarel

Have you ever thought that developing an App for your business and making money from it, although as we all knew it will be very expensive, but reap the benefits of this investment can be very high. Because of this, the market for Apps continues to grow every day as you develop yourselves strive to create the next Angry Birds, Viber or Evernote. If you are thinking of creating an App for your business and you wonder how you can make it a great investment, look no further, I will show you the answer in these 6 easy ways:

1. Put a price on download
The first strategy is also the most obvious. When you enter your App in the market, you must put a price. The thing to note here is that most applications are free and, of course, people are often reluctant to part with their money if they can get the same service for free.

Ask yourself these questions: Will my application offers a real function, useful? Is it addictive? Is it unique? If your application has a free competitor provides the same function, you will not get very far.

2. Make a free version and a paid
A good way to reach more consumers is to have a free trial version and other charges. Once again, the success of this strategy depends on the quality of your app and its features. If your app is useful and addictive, your users will not hesitate to buy the paid version.

3. In-App Purchases
What are in-app purchases? Think of a game you downloaded to your smartphone, do you have given the option to purchase weapons or lives? Did you unlock a new level of play, but had to pay for it? These are the in-app purchases, often used in games Apps, and can be a good strategy to get extra money.

4. In-App Advertising
Advertising within an App is a very common strategy used by developers who are sure that your app will be a success. How does it work? Choose a network of mobile advertising such as AdMob, iAd or AdColony and download for ads within your application publish the relevant software.

Each time a user clicks on an ad, you are paid a certain amount. The amount of money you receive depends on the rate of cost per click that you set. Advertising in-app works, but the benefits will be small unless you have a huge traffic. You should not expect to get rich overnight.

5. Cost per installation
This strategy is based on inside your application, ads will appear to install other apps related to the topic of yours. For every download the user clicks on your ad, you will receive a sum of money.

6. Sponsorship
Approaching a company and ask them to sponsor your application requires gaining their trust, so you can not do anything more complete development of the App. However, if successful, is a great way to turn your application in a great source of income. In this way, get more downloads to be backed by the credibility of a good brand and get increased traffic and your profits.

What are your tips to monetize from your apps? share below if you are possible!

elcidofaguy

Hi Yunarel Nice Post! I've been meaning for sometime to try out app development.... Perhaps later in the year... Will keep your points in mind when I do so.... Just to add, I would also try to put the app on as many platforms as possible as that would hopefully expand its reach/audience and if possible set up an affiliate program for the paid version which will help with marketing it to a wider audience....

Reactions: yunarel

yunarel

yunarel
wow nice one..I didn't know that, are you an Apps developer?
Which language have you written for apps and for systems? do you have share any experience on developing the apps?

elcidofaguy

elcidofaguy
I have a software/database development background.... Done a lot of stuff from Oracle, SQL server, .NET C# etc.. These days much more towards open source - MYSQL, PHP, Javascript/AJAX/JQuery etc...

I haven't actually developed a mobile app yet... But its been on my mind for sometime to give it a try with learning the development framework for iOS and Andriod.... Hopefully I'll find time later in the year to try out some ideas.... and of course share my experiences ;-)

Older threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.