Promoting Google+ Communities

tunescool

I started a google+ community to promote two of my sites. i have links to my stuff i wanted on there, in their own category not in discussion. i have just some material on there to start, i think thats good and why have alot if no one is there yet.

i shared the community and used my social media which ill do more of. its hard to invite people because you cant invite more than 500 and i only use like two circles.

i know to follow people and join communities ive joined alot.

what are some other things that you could do to promote your community, something different

elcidofaguy

Hi Tunescool - I would also try Youtube marketing to promote your G+ page... Part of the reason is that you need to have a gmail account in order to have a Youtube and G+ account... So it makes sense to promote your G+ site on Youtube.. I would create a bunch of videos highlighting what your group is about and the benefits of joining... Hope that helps!

tunescool

tunescool
youtube always sounds good to me, everyones always making money or getting traffic with it. im not good with youtube, how to rank it and get views, whatever people are doing. i just started with youtube i have two videos i had to buy because i cant make them myself. all i really do to promote or anything is use social media

plus i have ten other sites i promote and take care of

elcidofaguy

Here is a few things I would do to maximize my reach:

1. Create multiple Youtube accounts and upload same videos - but this time with different titles, descriptions and tags etc... In otherwords target different keywords...
2. Approach account holders who have a large following and ask them to upload one of your videos... or for them to help with referrals...
3. If possible try add your video to related/popular ones... Also look at popular videos and use the titles, descriptions and tags (viewed from source code) as part of your titles/descriptions/tags so that it increases you chances of your video appearing as a related one...
4. You could contact the account owner ask them to add your link to either the description or on the actual video...
5. Add your videos to other plaforms e.g. Vimeo, Daily Motion, Metcafe,Blip.TV, Blinkx ...

Hope that helps! Best of Luck,

Sid

tunescool

i just seen a video about that today, asking them to put your link on and i didnt like the idea. why is somebody just gonna put my link in their description

elcidofaguy

elcidofaguy
Well they might if your G+ community helps and adds value... People do indeed read the descriptions or click on links on the actual video.... Otherwise your options include paying or offering an incentive such as a discount on a product or promotional efforts from one of your other websites etc...

tunescool

well its a new community and its an seo service site i wont have anything to offer anyone promoting seo on youtube

elcidofaguy

elcidofaguy
Look I'm trying to help you here... You're beginning to sound very pessimistic... and that is fine...

Its simple if you cannot see how you can offer value then seriously do not bother... I mean you could offer SEO services/help in exchange or something else which has value... C'mon use your imagination!!!! If you approach life with such an attitude and don't try then only one outcome is guaranteed and that is NOTHING!!!....

However as you operate your own SEO service then you should not have any problems with promoting your G+ pages, Youtube videos or any other web property.... I'm now somewhat surprised you even started this thread...

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.