How to build an email list from scratch

JTexan

Hello everyone!
I have read more tips about building list but I feel it's too hard to start from scratch
Any one knows ways of how you can build list from scratch in easy ways and grow my list fastest
I appreciate your suggestions. Thanks

Marx Melencio

Re: Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing Tactics

JTexan,

QUICK ANSWER: Promote an irresistible incentivized opt-in offer that'd be a no-brainer for your target customers to give their first names, emails and other details (like their mobile phone numbers and so on) in exchange for the value of your offer. Then:

Look for authority list brokers that are licensed by accredited Direct Marketing Associations within trade organizations based in your target countries; BUT ...

Before you go ahead and promote your incentivized opt-in offer to the people in the databases of those authority list brokers — Let me confirm something with you:

I assume you already have the things below?

• Professional Website — Remember, online sales involve trust-based transactions. The overall visual design of your site should effectively make your target viewers think and feel that you aren't a fly-by-night outfit that's just there for a quick buck. The visual UI of your site should also make it quick and easy for them to view the content they want and navigate to different sections across your site ...

• Authority Content — You should know what you're doing. You should know what you're saying. You should know what your target customers want — What you're doing and saying should provide them with truly unique, truly creative value — Value that they want. Effectively communicate these things through the value of your onsite content ...

• Incentivized Opt-In Copy — Grab the attention of your target customers. Keep them interested in viewing the rest of what you want to tell them. Make them desire your incentivized opt-in offer. Compel them to get your opt-in offer in exchange for their first names and emails (or other pieces of info like mobile numbers and so on) ...

• Irresistible Opt-In Offer — Your target customers want to experience first-hand the value that you can give them. They want this, before buying anything from you. Give them the experience that they want. Your incentivized opt-in offer should effectively do this ...

• Non-Promotional Emails — Supplement the value your subscribers got from your incentivized opt-in offer. Do this by giving them supplemental benefits through your non-promotional follow-up emails ...

• Promotional Emails — Give insightful recommendations to your subscribers about products that can enhance the overall value they're already getting from your opt-in offer, onsite content and non-promotional emails. Throw in actionable tips while you're at it, something that they can do, in order to maximize the value that they want ...

• Value-Added Services — Make it quick and easy for them to contact you and have their pre / post sales concerns and support issues successfully resolved. Do this even for subscribers who bought your affiliate products — Just direct them to the support centers of the merchants if you don't have the power to resolve their problems with your affiliate products. This'd give you an edge over other affiliates who are promoting the same products. More so, this'd give you a chance to upsell relevant products / service offers (your own or affiliate products / service offers) right after successfully resolving their concerns and issues ...

Well, that's it for now. Cheers! :)

Nytshade

First of all you need to find out what people in your niche are struggling with. What gives them sleepless nights? Create a short video, ebook or an audio file (preferably mp3) that offers a solution to their problem.

Once you have the solution to their problem then package it and give it away for free in exchange for their contact info using an autoresponder. Create at least 3 different squeeze pages promoting the same free offer and split test till you find one that converts well. Then keep sending traffic to that high converting squeeze page to build your email list.

There are a lot of tools you can use to build a squeeze page, I prefer Optimizepress because that's what I'm comfortable with. For autoresponder, I use getresponse because it's cheap and they offer a 30 days free trial.

Then the next thing is to drive traffic to the squeeze page. If you're struggling to drive traffic then search the forum and you'll find good threads about traffic generation. Here's one that will help you learn how to drive traffic to your squeeze page: https://www.webmastersun.com/threads/8577-Learn-How-To-Drive-Traffic-To-Your-Squeeze-Page-For-Free

Once people are in your list, simply promote your products or affiliate products.

In the past few years I used to send value emails and also send out promotion emails. This strategy works, but you'll have a lot of freebie seekers in your email list. Instead, just sell!

You'll get a lot of unsubscribes if you only sell but when you look at it carefully, you'll realize that everyone who unsubscribed is someone who wants free stuff all the time. I used to offer a lot of value till some people sent me emails saying "why are you always asking me to buy?..."

I was shocked :eek:hmy:

Coming to look at it, I sent these people a lot of free stuff and mixed it with the promotion emails. So basically, people don't appreciate stuff they get for free!

My advise, forget about offering value they won't appreciate it, only send promotion email.

Reactions: wms

Marx Melencio

Re: Softselling Tactics

You'll get a lot of unsubscribes if you only sell but when you look at it carefully, you'll realize that everyone who unsubscribed is someone who wants free stuff all the time. I used to offer a lot of value till some people sent me emails saying "why are you always asking me to buy?..."

I was shocked :eek:hmy:

Coming to look at it, I sent these people a lot of free stuff and mixed it with the promotion emails. So basically, people don't appreciate stuff they get for free!
There's this thing called softselling where people see value-added recommendations and long past the vested interest of the advertiser to sell a product. In my B2B and B2C experience — Softselling works wonders ... :)

My advise, forget about offering value they won't appreciate it, only send promotion email.
:D LoL :D Yeah — Spam them to death!!! :) (I know what you mean, I just couldn't resist) :)

Nytshade

Next time when you read, relax. I did mention that offering value does work and it's not spamming if you're sending them something that will help them improve their business, life or career.

If it's an affiliate program that I'm currently using like a wordpress theme or a plugin, then I send them an email showing them how to get the most out of it and add a few bonuses. How is that spamming?

If I promote my product with a special holiday (new year, valentines, thanks giving etc.) discount, how is that spamming?

Marx Melencio

I Rest My Case :)

(I know what you mean, I just couldn't resist) :)
Next time when you read, relax. I did mention that offering value does work and it's not spamming if you're sending them something that will help them improve their business, life or career.
Next time when you read, focus on the details -- :D LoL :D R E L A X -- No need to get defensive and all, you know. It's a forum ... :)

Nytshade

haha... this guy :DD:

I did mention that offering value does work, but you didn't quote or maybe you missed it because you don't relax. One important aspect you missed is that I said, "my advise".

You didn't quote the part where I said offering value does work so that you can point out the part where I say don't offer value lol... clownish at it's best.

There are tons of ways one can sell without spamming, if you're still missing the point here then I don't know.

Marx Melencio

What?! :d

Nytshade,

Let me break it down for you, piece by piece, so you can clearly and fully understand what I meant:

I quoted JUST your one line SEPARATELY (your one line that says your advice is to not provide value). And, there's a reason why I JUST quoted that ONE line SEPARATELY -- Here's why:

On its own, it sounds like spamming. So?

I wrote "Yeah! Spam them to death!" B E C A U S E -- I meant it as a joke for just your one line (I wasn't referring to everything else that you said, because otherwise, I would've quoted it all in one block) -- Then:

I wrote (I know what you mean, I just couldn't resist" -- Now:

Do you understand what I mean, or ...

Should I ask my video developer guy to create a video just for you? :D Okay, in case you miss that one again -- That's ANOTHER JOKE -- Okay, I'm neither here to react to childish remarks like the things that you said above, nor am I here to attack anyone -- I just wanted to enter that line "Yeah! Spam them to death!" as a joke, because with just your line that I quoted, I COULDN'T RESIST CRACKING A JOKE -- After all, it's just a forum, so R E L A X ... :)

P.S. Go ahead and have the last word. I'm outta here. In my experience, defensive peeps want the last word, which is unimportant to me ... :)

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.