Newsletter advice please

Content by Rhonda

I am about to launch a paid newsletter for writers who aren't making what they want from their writing or people that want to make a living writing. I of course understand already about getting the landing pages, etc. Here is my dilima. I have thought of two ways to go about this and maybe should do some split testing.

I could 1. simply have an video sales/landing page that gets them to subscribe right away, offering a free gift maybe. 2. I could work on building up a website in the niche and getting subscribers that way. The newsletter is only going to be around $7 to $9 a month.

I would love to hear some thoughts and advise from people who have a paid subscription list or know someone who does. I have purchased a course on this and am following it for the most part but the course leans toward just having them pay from the get-go. Not sure how I feel about that.

Thanks everyone.

The Overseer

1. If it's offering a free gift. It's a squeeze page, not a sales page.

2. Assuming you have a website already, just create a sales page and make sure they are opted into the newsletter after checkout. Then drive traffic to the sales page. Don't bother with building up an authority site. You'll most likely waste valuable time and money. Charge from the get-go. Nothing wrong with that as long as you're providing value.

Ultimately, you won't make money until you make an offer. Doesn't matter if it's on the get-go or a year after providing freebies...eventually, you have to make an offer. The sooner the better in my experience.

Content by Rhonda

Thanks, that clarifies things a lot. Will do as you suggested. Might as well jump right into driving traffic to the sales page. They will get lost of freebies and courses and videos in the newsletter to make it worth their while, plus I will have some products of my own to sell to the list periodically. Thanks again.

The Overseer

You're welcome Rhonda.

Lawrence, a squeeze page is a landing page where you offer the visitor a free gift in exchange for their contact details {email address, phone}. It's also called a lead capture page.

A sales page is a landing page that is offering something for sale. It has a sales letter or video sales letter and it is designed to close a sale which means money will be exchanged for the product or service. It is also called a pitch page.

Hope this helped clarify the two.

elcidofaguy

I am about to launch a paid newsletter for writers who aren't making what they want from their writing or people that want to make a living writing. I of course understand already about getting the landing pages, etc. Here is my dilima. I have thought of two ways to go about this and maybe should do some split testing.

I could 1. simply have an video sales/landing page that gets them to subscribe right away, offering a free gift maybe. 2. I could work on building up a website in the niche and getting subscribers that way. The newsletter is only going to be around $7 to $9 a month.

I would love to hear some thoughts and advise from people who have a paid subscription list or know someone who does. I have purchased a course on this and am following it for the most part but the course leans toward just having them pay from the get-go. Not sure how I feel about that.

Thanks everyone.
In addition to the above answers I would also offer a trial period... e.g. $1 for 14 days before moving them onto the full subscription amount... Or even free for 14 days etc.. My rationale for that is that people are somewhat naturally skeptical... and as you say you intend to provide awesome value... If that is the case I am sure they will want to stay on your newsletter beyond the trial period as well as the fact I am sure more people will signup....

Content by Rhonda

I love the idea of a free 14 day trial. That way I have them on my email list for other things and can convert them to the paid subscription. Either way I will get customers. The idea that most people may be skeptical and can see the first issue of the newsletter, plus all the free bonuses they will see how good my work is and how it can help them. I think I will end of with a better conversion rate. Thanks again!

twersk

Do you guys here suppose that using giveaways and free trials are classic methods?
and are there any ways that more effective?

elcidofaguy

elcidofaguy
I would say a launch sequence offering affiliate commissions for joint ventures and use of webinar to sell the product at launch point is probably the most effective... However that's a lot of work and coordination... the benefit of this approach is that you can build up momentum, excitement and make a lot of sales on opening.... Plus a lot of targeted traffic.. There have been numerous launches documented which have easily made over a million dolllars with this approach... With that in mind there are some really valuable lessons from such cases that we can all draw upon....

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.