Please Review my tech blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

vishwa

hi, Fellow Members,

I have recently started my new tech blog wmtechie.com I request you all to please review my blog and throw your thoughts and suggestions to improve it.

Last edited by a moderator:

twersk

I don't undestand more about your logo and its colors should be changed to suitable colors.

Fonts are standard but I want to read your text in a new font, may be Verdana or Arial.

koolphoto

Visit Engadget, Mashable, Gizmodo or even Gigaom and look at the way they have their content laid out. What do you see? Pictures, photos, images. Look at the titles. They are very inviting and have character.

I think you site needs more of these. I think your theme is OK and your logo is good. I do think it swims in all the white space on top and gets a little lost.

I think you social icons should on top. I want visitors to share first thing if I can get them to. On the bottom might be too late and they forget.

To me your site is not inviting. Make your viewers comfortable while giving good information. Your competition does this. You must do it too.

iTeachBlogging

I think that your site is headed in the right direction but I agree with the comments above. You gotta add some images in there. Also, I feel like you need to adjust your line height.

Create shorter paragraphs and use bullet points. Consider adding some personality to your content as well.

drastic

It looks exactly like every just installed basic blog.

there's really not much to review because it doesn't have anything that stands out, nothing to keep someone returning.

look at your competitors, find the 5 things you like the best about those sites, then mash those aspects together and add your own twist to it.

Hyuga

It's a little bit too simple for my tase, I suggest you a better template. Good luck!

ultimateseo

That banner at the top is totally blended in, I like the design.
The article area is cool too but there's no separation in the posts although that wouldn't matter too much.
The ads inside the articles are well placed, they entice the visitor.
I wish you good luck on that!

gdevpro

According to me...your website have simple design
The contents are very informative but need some additional image to make the viewer impressed.
I curious about your logo. I think its weird and not contain any philosophy or meaning.
Nice site..hope you will be get lot of loyal reader.
Thanks

Lucky!

My first impression was the fact that it's way too bright for my liking. There is way too much white and it's a strain on my eyes, which is the last thing you want for your viewers, especially for a blog. Having the white background around your containers then the little darker background stands out like a...well a white thumb. The logo doesn't match the niche at all and really throws everything off, which again, isn't good. Overall, I feel that the entire theme is a bit plain and unfinished. However, I feel with a little more work, you will have an amazing blog where people will want to read all about technology!

vishwa

Hello, friends, As per your suggestions I have made few changes with my blog. I request you all to please take a look again and if any of you have further suggestions to improve my blog, I highly appreciate it.

jms

It looks good, i've contacted you through Skype.

HBAndrei

I like it, it's simple, yet filled with info and very pleasant for the eye (aka not too many things to distract you from the articles).

One thing I've noticed and would like to suggest, get a favicon.

Also I'm thinking of submitting an article to your blog regarding the importance of blacklist monitoring and how to do it using the platform we've developed. Would such an article present any interest?

Reactions: Alex Thompson

vishwa

vishwa
Thanks for your kind review. I will sure add a favicon. I am also interested in publishing your content. Just send it to me.

HBAndrei

HBAndrei
Don't have the article yet, but I'll either write it myself (even though writing articles isn't my specialty) or I'll hire a writer to do it... I'll send it to you whenever it'll be ready. Thanks.

vishwa

Recently made few changes with my Blog (wmtechie.com) and request you please check it again and throw your suggestions. Waiting for your suggestions.

Yana

Your site is wonderful, but I would not use the frames. These usually weaken your SEO.

LuxVM

hi, Fellow Members,

I have recently started my new tech blog wmtechie.com I request you all to please review my blog and throw your thoughts and suggestions to improve it.
Hello, The design is nice and responsive, i am however unsure on your logo because your theme is a Black/Red/White but the logo is blue. Maybe try making the logo a similar colour to the theme it could look much better and match with your theme. Its always good to see if it works :)

Regards,
Adam

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies