Google + and SEO

Maja

Does Google + Page plays any vital role in SEO ?

Nytshade

Yes it does but your Google + page needs to be active and get a lot of engagement for it to be effective and improve rankings. A dead page that gets no visits will be a waste of time, make sure your page keeps getting new followers and people also share your posts on their Google + profiles as well as communities.

Another great thing about Google + is that when the people who're following you do a search on Google, your G+ posts that have the keywords they're searching for will show up in the results if they're logged in.

But a combination of different social media networks plays a vital role in SEO, don't rely on Google+ only, mix it up with other social networking sites as well.

ericplotz1

Nytshade may disagree with this lol (he's all White Hat ;) ) but I honestly have ranked Google+ posts for competitive keywords and purchased my signals. Likes, shares, etc....

I've ranked Google+ posts on the first page of Google with posts on a new page and only 1 or 2 people in my circles and me being in no one's circles.

One of those keywords was "Good ways to make money"

In fact my post is still on the first page position 10. When I first made the post it was in position 4 and I didn't buy any signals for this post.

It only seems natural that Google would give that much value to Google+ posts. ;)

iTeachBlogging

I wonder about this question because Google has decided to basically back-burner Google Plus. They are not getting rid of it but they are not going to work as much on it. Around the same time that they said that, they also started indexing Tweets again.

However, with that said, I too have gotten pages on the front of Google with little action on my G+ page.

Janeth

Why not, it drive more traffic to your blog or site hence it plays an important role in SEO and you shouldn't miss it.
Not only google+ but you need to have twitter, facebook and other social networks for your site. More you have more you will get!.

Webmaster.Xochitl

Google+ is an important factor because it supports for increasing traffic to your site that ultimately works for Search Engine Optimization.

nesito29

Well, it's not effective because you are not using it right xD. I've been using it using it for a while and it brings around 10k visits/month from that source alone. I guess it really depends on your strategy and how you implement it.

Older threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.