Godaddy Vs Name.com ? which is better ?

hoangvu

Hi all,

I heard more about Name.com and I am considering to buy domain there
compare to Godaddy then which is better about supports and secure?

Any suggestions ?

hoangvu

I bought some domains at Godaddy and it has good service but perhaps its price is high so you need find some coupon codes to buy domains with lower price

HostNurse

Name.com has better and professional customer support, easier and mush friendly domain interface and tools than Godaddy.

Reactions: Alex_smith

Alex_smith

Alex_smith
Do you have any domains hosted at Name?

Could you show some sreenshots, I'm curious about its control panel because I've not ever used or bought domains from Name.

In other words, all my domain and domains for my company has bought at Godaddy, It's too familiar with us. Its control panel is easy for using, I don't know how Name's control panel will be used but I vote for Godaddy.

One thing, I think buying domain from Name can be cheaper than buying at Godaddy. Is it right?

Inquestor

We use both GoDaddy and Name.com. For example we register .in, .im, .name domains with name.com and the other TLDs with Godaddy.

annahussy

I never heard about name.com so i have no any idea about it. But i want to suggest you to use godaddy. It is really the best and most popular. Its provide good quality of hosting service and its offer affordable price.

Holly Nicole

GoDaddy allt he way. Their prices are amazing and the support is amazing and they offer discounts very often so you can save money.

niamike

For domain register, I recommend Godaddy. For hosting purpose, you should contact company near by you.

AntiTrust

Both are good, i use godaddy for 8 domains and namecheap for 2.
I think godaddy is a bit expensive, but has many promotions and codes. Today i got a 40% reduction using a code.

Holly Nicole

Godaddy is expensive but I think for 5 years for my domain I paid around $70 or $80 which I found pretty decent. Most Domain changes happens within minuets of you updating them.

AntiTrust

I agree with Savanna, when you buy a domain and change nameservers they have fast propagation on most dns servers. Anyway if you use google dns servers 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.8.4 you'll see your website online in just one minute :D

Holly Nicole

There is pros and cons of both so it's basically up to the one you trust more

supergal

I haven't purchased domain names from either of the provider you mentioned.I use to get domain name from 9cubehosting.com. they really gave me a good deal and the price of the domain name is also too cheap . If interested check their plans,you might like it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shirley_Sharp

I read the reviews of Name.com as well as Godaddy and i found that Name.com is better than Godaddy.

arul5

I think it is more simple to use his name.com. not as hard as Goddy. : D because I am using for my domain name.com. :D

Darius

Folks! Unless you deal with hundreds of domain names, the few cents difference have no .....
Well, have moved all my six domains to Namecheap (chat support is excellent there). Three domains moved on "cyber monday" for around $1,-/year + WhoIs Guard for free for one year.
I agree, net propagation is better for GoDaddy services (just a little bit). But, we keep domains for years not for few hours of better propagation!!!!.
At the moment, I am not disappointed with Namecheap and I am not going to change..... :)

HostAwesome

I just namecheap, but personally I haven't really heard bad things about godaddy's domain registration(their hosting seems to be different story).

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views