$10 a month, I should go with a shared or a vps hosting?

BillEssley

WMS Marketplace Seller
Hello,

My fund can accommodate $10 a month for a web hosting with around 5 to 8 websites that no more traffic on them. I found a shared and a vps provider here.
but I need your advice, with that amount, i should go with a shared or a vps (managed vps), which is more advantages?

please guide me where to go?
Thanks
Bill E.

ElixantTechnology

For $10 you're not really going to find a VPS that will provide the amount of resources necessary to run the 5-8 websites with any substantial amount of traffic, whereas a shared solution would probably be more suitable for your needs, or even a reseller account. How much traffic is currently driven to your website(s).

Hostname.club

I advise a Managed Hosting more than. With VPS, you should use cPanel to manage, so total cost for starting a VPS from $20.00 to $35.00 per 1GB RAM.

hostbrink

managed VPS is better than shared hosting but it will be costly ..... with 10 $ budget, advanced shared hosting will be better option for you ....

MightWeb

Before I can advice you as to what might suit best - I'd need to know what your resource consumption is. You're telling me we're talking about 8 different websites - but how much traffic is on them in total? Will they be placing pressure on hardware with advanced WordPress-plugins? Will they require lots of space?

SSD or Shared Hosting can both be viable options for you, but I'll need more info to be able to recommend anything.

BillEssley

WMS Marketplace Seller
BillEssley
Minimum is 30 visitors and maximum 220 visitors a day, I think it is no more but it has problem on shared hosting, sometimes I have emails from web hosting notice about CPU usage or mysql queries.

MightWeb

MightWeb
What host are you currently using? Might be that they have lower limits than some others. If you use excessive amounts of resources, you'll obviously need an isolated platform such as a VPS - but it might be worth checking out what is consuming those resources.

boognish

You should consider a reseller account rather than a shared hosting account. If you put each website on it's own cPanel things will run smoother for you.

Walter Parrish

Walter Parrish
Hey boognish
Why needs a reseller account, how to have a reseller account? which types of web hosting package to have a reseller account?
Sorry I'm newbie on web hosting industry

MightWeb

MightWeb
A reseller account is often used to start your own webhosting company. It can easily be found for $10 or less, and gives you access to basically create hosting accounts. If you have multiple websites, it could be used for the sole purpose of keeping those websites separated under different accounts, whilst still maintaining an efficient cost.

digitalConnect

Hello,

My fund can accommodate $10 a month for a web hosting with around 5 to 8 websites that no more traffic on them. I found a shared and a vps provider here.
but I need your advice, with that amount, i should go with a shared or a vps (managed vps), which is more advantages?

please guide me where to go?
Thanks
Bill E.
as per your budget $10 per month & you want to host 5-8 websites, you can go for unlimited website share hosting, you can easily get it for $99 for 2 years plan.

HostNurse

Based on your current budget, you have the following options:

1. Host your domains/websites on a reliable shared hosting environment which allow you to host multiple domains and provide you with good resources.

2. Use a reseller hosting plan to host your domains/websites, reseller hosting enables you to create an account for each domain.

3. Go for small unmanaged VPS, but you won't have good resources and you will manage it yourself.

I recommend to either go with shared or reseller hosting services.

tk-hassan

If you can get a VPS within our budget then it is definitely going to be a better option than shared hosting.

drastic

I posted a great company for you, complete with coupons for 20-60% off of your first bill, but the moderator removed the entire thing because it included my affiliate url.

I've been with the company for years and they give me a small credit when people sign up under me, but I'm not going to bother sharing it if I can't get my free month out of it.

There's a difference between spam and being helpful.

Based upon the first message, you won't even need the full $10 to host a few small sites that have no traffic. You do not need a vps. You can upgrade later, but you're talking about a $10 budget here, so you're not some big enterprise company.

I'm just not allowed to be helpful here because if I'm sharing my hosting company, then I'd like to get credit for it. If I needed a host, I wouldn't even sign up unless someone gave me their ref link. Watch my back, I'll watch yours.

Last edited by a moderator:

elcidofaguy

elcidofaguy
We have discussed this over private email. But I'm going to make it clear for all concerned. There isn't any IM forums which allow affiliate links on posts. Go ahead and try other forums but not here please... and you'll see for yourself...

Why is it not allowed? Well just imagine the amount of spam that would occur, together with the amount of misinformation being spread to readers. This forum is about helping and learning from each other. Is that difficult for you to understand???

In addition please also note all of the mods here are voluntary. Maintaining the integrity of this forum has nothing to do with financial gain etc... Should you want to promote a product then please use your sig link or place an ad... Or alternatively use the blog with providing an informative article whereby you can use one link back to your site where you can place such offers...

Finally as mentioned you should appreciate the fact that I only removed the post and took no further action. Other mods here would of either issued an infraction or a ban.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nytshade

Nice one Elcidofaguy, I totally agree with you. If we allow you to share your affiliate link then it won't be fair to other members who have shared much more valuable stuff without using an affiliate link.

I also edited your post to fit with the rules of this forum, please stop the self promotion. There's a lot of people who're giving without expecting anything in return here on the forum. It's either you share without the affiliate link or you don't it's that simple and don't ask people to pm you.

Instead, what you should have done is to share the offer and say something like "if you feeling generous then pm me so that I can give you my affiliate link..." now that's a statement we can allow but it's too late for that because all you want is credit, clearly you're not giving, you're just doing this for your own benefit.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.