PPC campaigns for the homepage or sub pages?

AnthonyCapetola

Hello webmasters,
Going to try PPC adverting but I am considering to choose make it for homepage or sub folder or each sub page is a different campaign.
I need your advice on this.

Thanks
Anthony

elcidofaguy

Doesn't matter which page as long as its on the page that you are attempting to get your most wanted reaction e.g. "Buy Now" button.... In fact you're probably better off creating a new page just for your ads as that way you can easily track visitors and conversions etc - in addition to amending text etc so that it helps with increasing your adrank score....

JTexan

Hello webmasters,
Going to try PPC adverting but I am considering to choose make it for homepage or sub folder or each sub page is a different campaign.
I need your advice on this.

Thanks
Anthony
I would redirect advertising to homepage where more things you are offering to your customers, so it should be putted there.

Doesn't matter which page as long as its on the page that you are attempting to get your most wanted reaction e.g. "Buy Now" button.... In fact you're probably better off creating a new page just for your ads as that way you can easily track visitors and conversions etc - in addition to amending text etc so that it helps with increasing your adrank score....
I think this will be good for any type of product or targeted page that you want to customers focus on.

What getting the best conversion, index page, sub page or specific page? any one?

Reactions: AnthonyCapetola

elcidofaguy

elcidofaguy
What has worked best for me is to use a separate page from your main offer which states "special offer... discount... etc"... and to actually offer a time limited discount for the duration of your ad campaign... But if you are not offering a discount etc and your offer is shown on your home page then go for your home page... You will get a higher conversion on the page that matters the most so for me its not about index page, sub page etc.... Its where the "buy now" button is located together with relevant info which supports the sales i.e. your sales page... However its really important that you are able to track traffic accurately and distinguish between which ads is helping you to achieve sales...

That said if you are running adwords - my best advice is to create lots of different pages which has variations on words which match your keywords for your ads for your landing page... That way your PPC cost is reduced for your ads due to adrank score... In addition you should also create lots of different ads for your keywords in order to reduce PPC costs as again your ad needs to be relevant to your keywords wrt adrank scoring... In otherwords Adrank is based on your ad copy and landing page... So focus on making sure that your adrank score is good as otherwise you'll be spending much more on PPC....

Last edited:

oldnickb

The bottom line is that the more closely you match the ad to the landing page the better you will do. There is nothing to stop you having the same offer on several different pages, each one optimised for a different set of keywords.

Then link to the offer from your homepage to the page that is getting the highest conversions.

The golden rule for PPC is monitor, test, tweek. Do it wrong and it's the easiest way to go bust fast.

DNP

You should do new campaign for each page.

drastic

depends.

share the site and your goals, then you'll get better feedback.

hard to give anything but a generic response.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads