Tips for marketing eBooks

ParisMurray

Just looking for tips on marketing ebooks, include free and paid ebooks. I have some ebooks written, but I have only made any sale so far in months. Obviously, I'm doing something wrong with marketing plans. Would you suggest me any ways to market my ebooks?

oldnickb

The first thing you need to do is work out who your ideal buyer is. The second thing is work out where to find them.

As an example if you were selling a book on training siamese cats you would need to find owners of siamese cats. Is there a forum where siamese cat owners chat?

You could set up a google alert for any mention of siamese cats so you could look out for blogs or for people asking questions in yahoo answers.

Perhaps your ebooks aren't sufficiently targeted. Are you training cats rather than siamese cats. The more generic book might seem to have a bigger audience but the smaller niche market could be easier to target.

Always work out your ideal customer, find out where to find them and then find out if they spend money before you write your book and you will have a much better chance od success.

elcidofaguy

Nice post oldnickb! Just to add I would also consider creating an affiliate program and offer a great commission in return.... In addition seek joint ventures with related niche site owners whom are getting lots of traffic...

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.