Video Blog vs. Normal Blog

marciayudkin

Hi,
I am unfamiliar with how to develop a Video Blog?
So, I would like to know how people usually do video blog? or should load videos from youtube, vimeo?
I want to compare between video blog and normal blog, which one I should go with and what is the difference?

elcidofaguy

I personally would not bother with setting up a video blog... Its basically a splog... Spam blog whereby all that you are doing is auto-populating your site with videos from sites such as Youtube via RSS or other interfaces... Waste of time... There are so many sites like this... Look great but get no traffic...

If however you develop a site where people can upload/share videos then that would be different but difficult to build it up as it requires a lot of members to make it successful and the competition is fierce...

With a normal blog you are more likely to get traffic when using unique original content.... That aside using videos are useful but in the context of supporting your written articles etc as that can help with keeping your bounce rates low and increasing user interaction....

Nytshade

I no longer see a lot of video blogs these days, what I see are normal blogs with original content. It's better to create your own blog and upload your own videos and articles. Why should I bother visiting your website if I can just go straight to Youtube or Vimeo to get the same thing and even more related ones?

People want something unique and top quality is also important. I do share other people's videos on my blog but it's not something I frequently do, I only do it if it's the latest "niche related" news or a new interview with a popular person in my niche.

Stick to original content and create your own videos as well as articles and use them on one blog, no need to create separate video blog and normal blog.

MikePNV

I personally like video blogs. But one word of caution is know what you are talking about. Do not sit there and go um or make long pauses as this is rather annoying.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.