What is the biggest problem for newbies in make money online niche?

CyberAlchemist

As title mentioned I'd like to know your opinion in making money online niche, what is the biggest problem for newbies facing and need to avoid?
I hope to hear your shares

Nytshade

ericplotz1

As title mentioned I'd like to know your opinion in making money online niche, what is the biggest problem for newbies facing and need to avoid?
I hope to hear your shares
THe biggest problem newbies face is, not reading through an Internet Marketing forum before they ask questions about IM o_O

also you should read my post in this thread here:

https://www.webmastersun.com/threads/6965-The-reason-many-newbies-fail-with-affiliate-marketing

Also, forget about the making money niche. Most noobs aren't making any money. Find a micro niche and rank that first.

koolphoto

I think newbies don't follow through.

They hear about video marketing and YouTube, blogging, Amazon, CPA, Product Creation among others. They go out and buy product after product without really learning how to become successful in any one area.

So, pick something like CPA for example and learn it. Practice it. Fail at it. Master it. Then learn some more and start earning money before you decide to go onto some area like Amazon, etc.

immechanic

The big two that I can think of is Information Overload and Shiny Object Syndrome. If newbies can resolve these two, then they are set to becoming successful in Internet Marketing.

The best way to conquer them is to have someone mentor them or it just takes time and practice.

Last edited:

Content by Rhonda

We all want instant gratification because we read all those landing pages saying we can have $30,000 in 30 days. Put in the time and study a lot. When you feel like you are getting information overload, stop and put into action some of the things you have learned before moving on.

RDO Servers

They think we're all naive and will fall for any gimmick

MikePNV

I feel like some people think that making money online is easy. So they try and then they give up. Way too easily. I think that it does take some work and determination to make money online. It is not for everyone. If you try one thing, and it does not work, then you need to keep trying. Some people just give up way to easily. Try, and if you fail, try harder because you can succeed.

ChinTan

I feel is subjective on " so call keep trying despite fail and fail "
Because you never know you are doing right or wrong.

Than come mentor.....but mentor wise..( also very subjective )

for me I just concentrate building my list first.

next I use to own website but I close down.
I trying to use another way to earn without owning website.

immechanic

immechanic
Before paying a mentor, you have to make sure that his method of monetization is what works for you. You need to do your research first because there are a lot of mentors/coach out there that will teach them how they make money.

1.) If you liked to make money through blogging then it is only logical that you find a mentor who makes money through blogging. Remember there are many ways to make money online (CPA, Product Creation, Affiliate, Blogging) just pick one and find the right mentor that suits your interest and budget.

2.) Building a list is much complicated than you thought, it is not just collecting email leads and sending offers to them. It's about building relationship and nurturing their trust so they will buy from your recommendation.

I've built 10k list before very fast but I was still losing money simply because the subscribers do not trust me. In the end, I have to let go of that list. Right now I have a small list that trust my recommendations.

3.) Are you using a free website? You should always be using a paid webhost if you plan on building a long term business. Free host tends to close websites that are resource hogging unlike when you have paid host, you have an allotted bandwidth so you're not risking your website of being shutdown.

Information overload, is one of the biggest obstacles I see, people get over whelmed and focus energy on the wrong task everyday.

Its not the products or opportunity that will make you the money, its the process, get the process right, and no matter what you are trying to sell, you will make money.

And it doesn't matter if you have your own websites, blogs, affiliate links, you still need to use the right process. When you do have the right process in place making money online becomes ridiculously simple.

The two things you should be focused on is

1. Traffic, and using that traffic to build your email list as large and as fast as you can.
Everyday do some traffic building activity to increase your number of subscribers to your email list a day.

You should use both free and paid traffic. If you only trade your time for traffic it will be a looooooong haul! Start with a small budget and reinvest your profits, there are many very inexpensive traffic sources. If you do this right, you should be able to add over 300 subscribers to your email list in just your first thirty days. You scale this up as you make money.

2. Send at least 1 broadcast email message to your personal email list everyday (YES EVERYDAY).
Encourage them, share whats working for you, tell them about you, ask them to reply to your emails. Connect with them by giving them your email, skype or facebook page. Tell stories to sell your products, services or affiliate programs. Use special offers, or discount. (how you handle this part is all dependent upon your niche and what you are trying to sell, but you still should try to make a connection.) In my retail stores I once owned my best customers were the ones I got to know the best..make sense?

So if your sending traffic to your own website, blog, or affiliate offer, make sure that your traffic first lands on your relevant opt-in page and then gets redirected to your offer or sales page. Most people never buy the first time they see something, so using a opt-in page to send your traffic to and using an autoresponder, allows you to follow up with the people on your list. The follow up is where I make 95% of my own income. Do the work once and build customers for life.

If you dont have a process in place like this you are wasting your time and your traffic, this is how you simplify internet marketing.

samng

When I first started, there was absolutely no guidance at all and I just dived straight into ranking a website in the Make Money Online Niche which was "Mission Impossible" for a Newbie. But it helps to go through that steep learning curve before arriving at the right strategy that works for you.

Reizyl

As a newbie, information overload and some terms used in this kind of business could be the problem. We also have this impression that IM is very easy and in just a week or so we'd be able to earn money but truth is, we really need to help ourselves to be able to learn. Patience and willingness to learn more should be the attitude that we must have in order to succeed. We should also be willing to read rules in every forums that we want to join.

arrow11

Newbies usually are not spending money on quality content for their website or blogs, they try to be stingy and buy content which is cheap or cheaper which only leads to their failure in earning money online. Search engines only value quality content these days.

tk-hassan

It is a very big niche and there are already plenty of established people in the industry so for me building some reputation would be the biggest problem for newbies.

Haniaroad

I've often found that many people simply do not remain consistent long enough to actually see the results they desire. Simply throwing in the towel after a few ad campaigns, solo ads, or Facebook marketing attempts usually is what crushes most beginning marketers in their tracks simply because they realize that making their desired income is not as easy as they may have mistaken it to be.

Moral of the story...don't quit and you'll be just fine. There's enough FREE help out there from real people who want to see other people succeed in online business!

Jacob_k

too many info too quickly (it happens shortly after you scratch the surface). Many people think that it's simple... write a post, put link to product and you have a business.
Procrastination and fear of everything!

Lack of leadership from someone who knows the matter (no being able to distinct the knowers from actors leads to buying $5 ebooks that promises riches)

Older threads
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
RAQ

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.