The Advantages of Shared Hosting

alexport

Before deciding whether or not to use a shared hosting to get your website, it is essential to understand the advantages you may have to use a web hosting of this type. This allows you to decide if this is the right accommodation option for you to host your website or blog. The shared hosting has a number of advantages that businesses and individuals can benefit by opting for this.

1. Cost
Cost is one of the most interesting features that one can find in a shared hosting. This may be the best feature for those who start in the world of the web, and want to start steadily on the internet.

2. Customization
Despite having shared resources, you can find an intuitive control panel, which makes managing any task with ease. Sets the basic services of a web hosting from the control panel.

3. Convenience
We all want convenience in website management. With shared hosting , your web hosting will be managed by highly professional experts trained to protect the integrity of the information of those who host their website. This means you'll have more time to improve and promote your site, instead of spending time trying to optimize the security of web hosting.

4. Efficiency
Among the most important aspects in regards to web hosting is the disk space and width given by servers band. The bandwidth allows website owners give necessary to share the contents of a website capacity.

5. Performance
A shared hosting is optimized to provide owners of websites, and visitors optimum performance when visiting a website. Surely this is something you want to provide a visitor.

6. Security
Set up a web server can become quite complex. In a shared server does not have to focus on this, because the web host is responsible for this part.

Do you have any advantage of shared hosting? and would add to this thread, share below and I appreciated all your comments!

MightWeb

Good list! It might be worth broadening a tutorial like this though, to include the disadvantages of shared hosting, as well as the advantages of other platforms.
I'd say an added bonus with Shared Hosting is the featureset. Many providers strive to be using cutting-edge technology to improve things like performance. There's also often a one-click installer for users who don't enjoy setting up scripts themselves, and so on and so forth.

wmguides

Shared hosting is a good starting point for all new websites. Shared hosting system is very good in web hosting industry because it costs very low which will be very beneficial for new websites/businesses. I have seen many big companies online that started from a shared hosting and grown up and then shifted on dedicated servers.

Last edited:

Waqass

to be on simpler side if you website has low traffic you should go for a shared hosting. No need to burn your money for extra cost of vps or dedicated servers.

Cherin

An affordable solution for website hosting. If you have very less database for your website and less traffic on website then shared hosting is best choice. now most of the hosting companies provide SSD Based hosting services to improve the website performance and increase the resources usability. There are effective solutions for huge traffic website. number of addon upgrades at affordable price to manage the load.

ulterios

2. Customization
Despite having shared resources, you can find an intuitive control panel, which makes managing any task with ease. Sets the basic services of a web hosting from the control panel.
This is not always the case. Many hosts have their own custom (I guess you can call it that) CP and intuitive is not a word I would choose. PITA is a more appropriate term for some.

3. Convenience
We all want convenience in website management. With shared hosting , your web hosting will be managed by highly professional experts trained to protect the integrity of the information of those who host their website. This means you'll have more time to improve and promote your site, instead of spending time trying to optimize the security of web hosting.
Again, this is not always the case. Try getting support from an EIG hosting company and you will see exactly what I mean here.

5. Performance
A shared hosting is optimized to provide owners of websites, and visitors optimum performance when visiting a website. Surely this is something you want to provide a visitor.
While some shared hosts do have quite good performance, shared hosting in general is usually not associated or referred to as having "Optimum Performance".

While not all shared hosts are the same and some are actually quite good, many of these things are more appropriate with other forms of hosting other than shared hosting. ;)

Ron Killian

I have to agree, shared hosting is not always a good choice, depending on the company.

Ya, like Ulterios said, try getting support from a EIG owned company. And sadly they own so much these days.

As said, shared hosting is a good place to start, but soon as possible, going to a VPS can make a big difference.

One thing that got me away from shared hosting is one of the many others you share with could crash the server. Not that it happens often, but possible. Unless shared hosting is different these days.

daniel27lt

I have to say, the only thing I like about shared hosting is it's cheap. And for security, it's no safer. Back in the day when I first started, I had about 5 Wordpress blogs all within one shared hosting account. It got hacked into on 3 different occasions. Every site was riddled with malicious code. I was using GoDaddy too. I know there are many ways a hacker can attack a Wordpress site, but when I think of it today, I'm pretty sure it was through the front end. Still not 100% certain how they did it, as I took all the necessary precautions.

Gh0st4unt3r

Shared hosting is a good starting point though with having a vision to go cloud / dedicated because with having a sole server to yourself you are in full control of its settings and security. Cloud servers are starting to get cheaper now so its becoming more affordable for most.

Shared hosting can sometimes look good but i would recommend looking in depth because there will be some limits and as the post states above if you have other sites on the same server and 1 of the hosting clients is not using a secure script which gets hacked, they could potentially get access to your site. Some shared services though do have excellent security. Myself i always prefer a dedicated or cloud so i know i am in full control of the server and any risks will only be from my own websites which i can fix.

So overall having shared is a starting point with a vision to go dedicated.

Zack

Zack
Really, that can happen?

Someone can get access to my website because someone else on the server is not using secure software? If I am using secure software then would that prevent this from happening of does it not matter what mine is?

I would think that there would be some kind of security measure in place to prevent something like this from happening.

Empire

I'm running of off shared hosting for the past three years, It's cheap option and good to start with. I'll still be with shared as income isn't that great and also website not big enough for an upgrade. I love one day to able to get dedicated one of those days so that the website will run allot better.

The host that I want with for shared has the top server hardware that I can get. I want with that so that the four websites on each shared server will run little more better with the hardware. hardware is important and this has 64GB server memory. However I can feel and see the impacted on some days when things get busy. I see the loading time from the server side slow

PS: Mightweb, We meet again. I remember some talk back on web-host-talk :)

Last edited:

Gh0st4unt3r

As long as the server is secured it does prevent things from happening like that and there are preventions as long as the hosting company who offer the shared hosting put the measures in place. but i always say having your own server you get the full potential of security and benefits but it does cost more than shared not by too much though if you start small and build yourself up.

BreezeHost

Shared hosting is one of the most popular hosting options for those building their first websites. Shared web hosting perfect for small business websites, blogs, and portfolios. Shared hosting provides web pages for multiple Web sites, each of them having its own domain name, from a single Web server.

Advantages of Shared hosting:
1. They are also known as Virtual hosting as they provide various services to host files on the web.
2. This provides web hosting services that comprise of the websites residing on the web server and connected using the web.
3. This hosting is always suitable for the start-up businesses as they hold very low cost & maintenance.
4. The site is usually segregated on the server & later has their own partitions or category for use.

hope this helps:)

Lusovps

Shared hosting provides you a surety of excellence when it comes to customer provision since it is one of the simple foundations of their business.

So if you are not familiar with this kind of business, shared hosting can be an excellent choice for your small business.

Judas2018

I never do shared hosting. I just have never felt comfortable with it. I'd rather have my own server and pay for it. I know all that goes on within that server since I am the only site on it. That peace of mind goes a long way imo. I'm the type who doesn't like surprises.

Heather

Never really considered a shared hosting as safe. If you are new then Shared Hosting will be a great option for you but once you established high traffic on your site then upgrading is surely needed. You will not want to risk it just because its cheap and sounded realiable.

DanielN

The issue with shared hosting is that if the server you are on is overpopulated then your website will load fairly slowly as everyone uses the same resources.
On the other hand, if you have your website on a VPS only you can use the resources on the VPS.
I have not experienced big differences technology wise between shared hosting or if I make my own webserver.

Hostens

Shared hosting is a great option for small websites or businesses. Mostly because you do not have to manage it, the pricing is affordable and you will always get the needed support. However, if there is a huge e-shop, then shared hosting could be too small and you should be going for a VPS.

Shared hosting is really safe and frankly there never was a case that, when one of the clients website was hacked it could gain access to other client's website on the same shared hosting server. The websites are on different packages and do not access each other. However, if you mean that you host 2 or more websites on the same package (the websites have the same owner) and one of them gets hacked it can spread to other websites.

onliveserver

Shared hosting is important whereas you have to host more than 3-4 mains, or for small business.
If you have intermediate Business then you have to move away to VPS/Dedicate platefrom.
In shared hosting Only $1 for hosting for single domain, while it needs $30-50 for VPS.
So if we talk for small business and have 2-3 web-data then according to finance way Shared hosting is good choice.

johnthan

For those who are looking a web space for their small site. Shared hosting provide the best solution

Older threads
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.