How to increase the page rank?

watson02

My website page rank is 2. I want to increase the page rank for my website? What should i do to get higher rank?

Maxwell

My website page rank is 2. I want to increase the page rank for my website? What should i do to get higher rank?
Google may not update website page rank any more so you don't need to increase PR for your website, it's not worth at this time. Focusing on your content and quality back-links to get organic traffic. It's thing should be done for your site.

Nytshade

Pagerank is all about the number and quality of links pointing to your site, the stronger backlinks you have the higher the pagerank will be. So basically, backlinks are what improves pagerank, not just off-page even on-page backlinks do play a role.

The aim is to have good quality content, if websites that have a higher pagerank link to your website the more likely you'll have a higher pagerank. It's all about the quality of the links that point to your website.

But, and that's a BIG BUT!

Google is no longer updating Pagerank "publicly" just like Maxwell said. However, I believe they still update it internally even though we can't see the updates.

elcidofaguy

Here is the thing... Page Rank was always a smokescreen... PR never explained fully why a website would rank on the SERPs... In isolation PR is best described as a means to evaluate how well a website is established... It should never be used on its own.... It was probably a way for G to reward web masters whom follow the guidelines but nothing else hence the inconsistencies with PR data vs. link juice, traffic stats and ranking on serps etc...

Further I have seen many websites which have little or zero backlinks (not high quality ones) which gained a very high PR.... For example my wife is an artist and her website has little content, zero backlinks, no social media and on the last PR update is PR3 lol.... What I can tell you is that it has zero link juice!!! There is tons of stuff online from SEO experts whom will tell you that PR has always been a smokescreen and is absolutely rubbish as a metric to base your backlinks...

In addition there has been and still is a crazy market for PR backlinks.. Most of which is crap!!! Does anyone believe G would publicly release its true metric??? Think of the sh** storm that would arise with buying/selling links online... and the compromise that it would cause on the SERPs with G's algo completely exposed lol... PR was bad enough but the truth of the matter most of that was crap and G knew that and consequently decided to drop it.... Also PR is really easy to fake but that is another story....

Behind the scenes G is of course upating info all of the time... Just because PR is not provided to the public that does not mean there has been an algo change... G's algo at the core is still based on links!!! But that said there are other metrics which they derive and which are never released/shown to the public... It would be awesome if the SEO community could agree on the name for the true ranking metric which has never been released to the public... In my mind I call it Trust Rank (in order to delineate from PR).... The closest we can get to measuring Trust Rank is to rely on third party metrics which are inaccurate as it is based on data which they crawl (moz, majestic etc) and thus is limited to size/accuracy when compared to G etc...

Hence I use DA/PA CF/TF as indicators... But it is important to realize that these metrics are not ranking factors... they are metrics which help estimate G's true ranking metric which is hidden from the public... So use them with that in mind with noting the inaccuracies... hence use your judgment on other factors such as websites internal linking structure, content, on/off page seo etc as part of your evaluation... Finally I really wish we could stop talking PR once and for all..

arronmattwills

Google has officially announced that page rank is dead, there will be no more update on this. Again users are asking, discussing on this. Better to discuss about alexa ranking. Google became money earning oriented, focuses more on ads in all of their products, including Google Play.

RohitGovindraj

Instead of focusing on Page Rank, it is good to focus on quality back-links and quality content. The more quality work you do, the page rank of you site will increase more and make sure that the site you are using to create back-links what kind of back-link is to generate do-follow or no-follow.

shamita

Follow these suggestions, and watch your website rise the ranks to the top of search-engine results.

1.Publish relevant content. Quality content is the number one driver of your search engine rankings and there is no substitute for great content.
2.Update your content regularly.
3.Metadata.
4.Have a link-worthy site.
5.Use alt tags.

SEOPub

Follow these suggestions, and watch your website rise the ranks to the top of search-engine results.
The OP was asking about PageRank, not rankings.

1.Publish relevant content. Quality content is the number one driver of your search engine rankings and there is no substitute for great content.
But if you want to talk about rankings, quality content is not the number one driver of rankings. Links are the number one driver.

2.Update your content regularly.
Not important for rankings. In fact assuming that by 'update your content regularly' you mean posting regularly, for people using a standard blog layout with posts showing on their homepage who do not understand good website and internal linking structure, posting frequently can actually screw up their rankings more than help.

john3322

PR 2 is good
but everyone want more high Page Rank
i suggest you some points for increasing Page Rank
1. keep updating: Google really likes Sites that keep their content fresh and unique
2. Commenting On Other Blogs
3. Participate In Forums
4. Never Use Illegal Seo Tactics
5. Get backlinks with different, unique anchor texts & different keywords

drastic

don't do anything. page rank hasn't been relevant in over ten years.

it means absolutely nothing today. it's just an old thing that Google put there and didn't bother taking it down.

vishwa

Pagerank is a dead chapter now. Google won't update pagerank from DEC 2013. So, Don't chase with it. Focus on your site content and backlinks, thats all.

Webmaster.Xochitl

It's a waste of time, if you try to enhance your website page rank mainly because page rank is expended. Google updates page rank several years ago. So, don't stress even your site page rank is 2. That's why, it's simply no necessary.

kian.j

Isn't it that the page rank depends also on how long your website is online? I mean, I don't know a method which would allow anybody to increase a page rank within weeks. Links are not everything that is taken into an account when it comes to page rank.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.