How many h1, h2, h3, h4 tags...should have on a web page?

AlmightyGreg

Hello Everyone,

I knew about on-page SEO when reading topics on this forum, but I didn't see any posts mentioned about number of heading tags that should have on a web page.
My question is, How many h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6 tags...should have on a web page that good for search engine optimiztion?

Thanks
AG

nesito29

I personally use 3, but it depends on the topic in question, the more subtitles you have, the more h tags you will want to use.

Remember use rich and high quality keywords on your title and subtitles, as well as in the body of the post or article.

sandlegion

Hi AlmightyGreg, the web page should have heading tags according to titles and sub-titles used on the web which is useful from seo point of view. The heading tags are essential for Seo purpose because search engine robot read the web page headings also.

jamesalan

Use only one h1 in a single webpage...You can use h2 tags 4-5 times (You can use more, but it does not look natural), use h3 tags some more times like 8-9 times..

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.