Lynda vs. Udemy vs. Treehouse vs. Skillshare vs. Coursera, which online course you like best?

paivadaniel

I tried some courses from Lynda and it's easy to understand and learn new things about IM, web design, marketing..etc
what about Treehouse or Skillshare or Udemy or Coursera, any one tried online courses from them, give your thought which is your best choice?

Liam

I have only seen a couple of the courses from Lynda and Udemy and between the two I would prefer Lynda. The Udemy courses that I had seen were a lot lower in quality of the material.

I might check out the others at some point.

AMBTL

I used to have a Lynda subscription a few years ago and I found many of their courses quite good.

christax

I bought courses at Lynda and they are good ones to learn.
I have not tried others but I think they are similar with Lynda.

Dewlance

WMS Marketplace Seller
I like Skillshare because of two main reason.

I watch video of Udemy but their video is really irritating and hard to understand because of bad approval system. I was post 2 course and one was accepted by them.

However I also purchased some course and here is my review of Udemy:
- You must need to speak something even If it is not useful. Means If your tutorial is good but you pause for 20 second then it will be rejected so you must need to say anything or something which is really bad thing. People need some free time to understand but their approval system is bad. How can you understand any video If they keep saying something?

I watch many popular course video and I get bored because of it look good before purchase but If you will watch then you will get bored because they keep saying something even If word is useless.

paivadaniel

However I also purchased some course and here is my review of Udemy:
- You must need to speak something even If it is not useful. Means If your tutorial is good but you pause for 20 second then it will be rejected so you must need to say anything or something which is really bad thing. People need some free time to understand but their approval system is bad. How can you understand any video If they keep saying something?
I understand what you are saying and I think it is not only for Udemy that happened with other traning courses from other training sites. I would suggest you use a media player that allow you easily stop the video when you need to have a little time to understand and see what they are wanting to explain you.

Udemy is NOT professional in my opinion. (Taking a course there right now.)
I am just wondering why you think it is not professional or what you didn't like from their courses, that can help me to avoid when buying course from Udemy next times.

Rob Whisonant

All of these platforms have good and bad courses. Make sure you take advantage of the "review this course" feature. Listen and watch the review videos and see if you can understand the teacher and also if it keeps your interest.

The course could be extremely good but so boring that you can't get any value out of it. Also others could love a course and leave great reviews. But, if the course can't hold your interest, it's a bad course for "you." Use the review course feature before you buy a course! :)

Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views