What are you using to make money blogging?

kingoftraffic

Hey guys, are you using Adsense or making money from affiliate commission on your blogs, what types of monetization program you use to make money blogging?
Please share best methods

Nytshade

You can use both, no problem just as long as your blog gives the user what they came for without being distracted by the Ads.

I prefer to build an email list, so I use my blog to collect emails then promote affiliate products and my own products via email. This strategy will help you make money even if you don't get a lot of traffic to your blog.

If you want to rely on advertising then you'll need a lot of traffic, which will require you to make your blog popular. Another great way to make some good money is to create reviews as an amazon affiliate, make sure you choose high priced products related to your niche because amazon commissions are really low.

But I prefer building an email list than to rely on Ads :)

ericplotz1

I sell dope on the "Deep Web" :D

No. I work my arse off handling PPC clients, Local SEO, Web Design, and anything to do with marketing, branding, or managing a business online. When my blog money fell through, I felt like I needed something a little more solid, so I went for the brick and mortar.

Still not a brick and mortar but I handle some pretty big clients. I have an awesome lead generator and we work awesome together. So I guess you could say my business is on and offline. A lot of meeting and reporting that I hate though. It's why I'm working on multiple projects at once and handling clients during the day, because I hate client reporting. I really do. Did I say I hate client reporting?

nesito29

I personally use both, AdSense I think is a must, it helps you to get google to notice you even more and even pays you for clicks pretty neat. Affiliate offers are really awesome, well.. depending on the offer but it is a great stream of income :).

elcidofaguy

elcidofaguy
Using Google Adsense will not have any influence on your rankings on the SERPs... It is NOT a ranking factor!!! Hence it does not help you to get noticed by Google! The same also applies to Adwords....

Further if it did, imagine the sh** storm that would arise with Google placing preferential treatment on the SERPs for sites which uses adsense... The amount of legal litigation with unfair competition would be massive...

Out of interest its useful to note that Google is currently getting whacked by the EU on how it is placing its own shopping ads/sites on the SERPs lol...

nesito29

No, I didn't mean that, maybe I wasn't clear enough or didn't know how to explain myself, let me explain what I meant with a little more detail.

What you are saying is true using AdSense will never get you ranked, but since Google likes to make money they will drive a few people to your site, it's not much around 300 visits/month. I tested this a little while ago with a brand new site, not SEO optimized and only 5 articles. Now I must also add that I used blogger in order to create the blog.

After the end of the 3rd month I made $2.47USD from AdSense, so.. yeah Google will send traffic to your site, how.. I have no idea but even if you get 350 visits/month thanks to AdSense then it's still 350visits/month. The only thing that AdSense do for you in your site is money and get you ''noticed'', making Google know that you're there, that you exist basically but it doesn't mean that it will have any effect on the SERPs.

Also I must point out that I tried it without AdSense and there was no traffic at all, 0 visits/month.

I hope this clarifies a little bit my previous comment and if you know why I was getting that traffic or where it came from it will be a lot of help.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
John

Reactions: trustdnb and twersk

elcidofaguy

elcidofaguy
What you are saying is very odd indeed... I don't for a moment believe G funneled additional traffic to your website due to you having adsense... There are countless reasons for that ranging form ethics, legality due to unfair competition as well as the fact adsense has zero influence on ranking on search results... As mentioned it is not a ranking factor.

What you need to keep in mind is that "correlation does not imply causation" and based on data from one website it is far from proving any such thing...

I suspect that your site visitors assuming that it is from organic search referrals was due to one or more of your articles ranking, perhaps temporarily as G may have been testing your bounce rates on the SERPs... You should check your traffic stats for landing page and keywords for the exact details... Also keep in mind to filter out spam referral sites as that can really mess up your stats... The amount of money made only really equates to a few clicks and so not filtering out the spam referral sites then yes it could look odd, but other than that the low amount earned doesn't really equate to much... some months you may get lucky with the odd click here and there but over a period of time the amount earned equates to low traffic...

For sure I really do not believe G will send any extra traffic just because you have adsense set-up... If anything that would be the last thing they would want to do as that would be paying into the hands of scammers whom try to game adsense with fraudulent clicks... as well as the other reasons which clearly would jeopardize/compromise G's business from the resulting legal sh** storm and loss of consumer confidence in reliable/relevant search results amongst other things....

Nytshade

Man, we would all be placing adsense ads on our blogs if that was true. Google will not notice your site just because you have adsense ads. Clearly Google was just testing your site to see how valuable and useful it will be for their users if they put it at the top in SERPs, this happens most (if not all) new blogger blog you create.

I've also had the same experience, this helps Google determine whether your site is worth ranking high or not and whether it will be useful for their users or not, that's all. It's got nothing to do with adsense.

Maybe one of the posts you created was trending at the moment you created your blog and Google was looking for fresh/up-to-date info about the topic, especially for news.google.com. Maybe, I can't be certain because I can't see your stats. But this is what happened with a new blogger blog I created a while back, it got search engine traffic for a few days and some social shares then it dropped slowly after a few weeks.

Elcidofaguy is right, if this was true it would get them into some serious legal issues and they would lose a lot of advertisers.

MikePNV

How much is everyone making off adsense for blogging? I am interested in doing this but have not quite figured it out.

ultimateseo

Adsense is strict but i'm using that only atm for ppc ads but i do email marketing for people while putting there banner up on my website for 30 day cycles.

MartinW

Affiliate links have always worked well for me as long as you are transparent with your users about this and actually have experience with the product or service, and of course, it has to fit with the blog. On occasion I have accepted sponsored posts which have worked somewhat well before, however I tend not to like the writing style of them (I am particular with the content I host on my blogs), aside from this, advertisement revenue is the only other method I have tried.

bensonterryca

I am using Google Adsense, Commission Junction, Chitika, Amazon.

they all are best for me to earn good.

Older threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.