I say having your own product is much more easier to promote other products as a affiliate

kayd005

Hello there

When we are all starting we heard that promoting other products as a affiliate is the easiest way to make money online, lately i have noticed that is not the fact on my own view, affiliate marketing is harder than having your own product that you can sell and other affiliates will promote
let me clarify my theory

in order to make money as an affiliate you need like

1. choosing a profitable niche
2. creating a high capture mechanism( your own domain,irresistible lead magnet,landing pages,tracking,testing everything)
3. Traffic (forums,blogs,Seo,paid traffic)

If you succeed to do all that right and get leads,

The hardest part is how you will make that leads trust you and how you will build good relationship with them

If you master crafting and creating high converting emails that build trust and good relationship then you will be #1 affiliate marketer on any network

If you are not making any money with affiliate marketing try to have one product online that other affiliates will promote and you will see huge results

If you check all the successful people and don't have that problem of not making money online they have one thing in common, each one of them has a product online

And this time it's much more easier to even outsource the entire product inexpensively
ex: I know some people who create eBooks to publish on kindle and get the whole book outsourced up to $40

i do see things on that way right now
may be my ideas are wrong i'm expecting the experienced marketers to give us their thoughts and ideas about this

I hope that helps

Nytshade

Actually, that's some really good advise kayd005. Another thing that makes affiliate marketing harder is that someone or even more people might have already pitched the same product you're promoting or even worse, the person you're promoting to, already bought it.

I believe it's much easier to sell your own products. Looking at my stats, I generate more income from my own products as compared to affiliate products. So I totally agree with what you're saying.

I get more affiliate sales when I do some bonus stacking and creating scarcity for the bonuses, that does generate more sales. Without this strategy, you'll get a few affiliate sales if not zero.

One other tip I would give to those who rely on affiliate marketing is that they should promote high ticket ever green products and forget about getting 100% commissions for a $9 product. Promote anything that will give you a commission of $100+ so that if you generate a few sales you still make good money.

You will also be competing with a few affiliates because marketers are really scared of pushing high priced products.

Good thread :)

kayd005

Nytshade That's the expert view i have been missing, absolutely that's right your success as a affiliate depends on how you separate your self from the pack

KrisR

Hello there

in order to make money as an affiliate you need like

1. choosing a profitable niche

I hope that helps
Do you have any experience on choosing profitable niche before starting an affiliate website or for promotions?

Reactions: kayd005

kayd005

kayd005
Actually that's the easiest part, there are tons of profitable niches out there that you can promote
always i choose the evergreen niches to promote

immechanic

I couldn't agree more. I didn't see much progress when I was just promoting other peoples product.

Simply because I don't get paid instantly and I have a risk of working hard for something and not get paid. Unlike when you have your own product to sell, you'll get paid instantly and can reinvest that to grow your business more.

Moreover you can also recruit affiliates so they can do the hardwork for you.

I do both since when you promote for other people's product, it is easier to convince the other person to reciprocate and promote for you as well.

TheLifeStyleMentor

With your own product you can have an army of affiliates generating sales for you. As an affiliate you are just one of many who compete against each other for sales. I do find it easier to promote my own products but I also do ok as an affiliate of some products that others have created.

kayd005

yes absolutely Thelifestylementor when you succeed with your own product and get buyers list then you gonna be super affiliate for sure

TheLifeStyleMentor

TheLifeStyleMentor
Especially if you create other products for your niche. I started a membership site that teaches digital camera owners how to create,market and sell fantasy portraits of people and pets. Then I offer them an editing service and digital backgrounds. I target moms with camera who want to earn full time income working part time hours.

Because they don't have much experience they also like to purchase my Baby Photo Backdrops and use my editing service rather
than try to do everything themselves. This will free their time up to focus on doing more of the activities that pay.

That's marketing, shooting and selling portraits... not spending hours and hours learning photoshop and editing sessions when they can outsource almost everything to me. They can even hire me to book portrait clients for them and show and sell the images for them. This way they just have to focus on taking photos and outsource everything else to me.

Because most of my buyers are women and 80% of all Network Marketers are women they are also perfect candidates for my Primary MLM. I advise them to ask the parents and grandparents to sit for one or two poses with the children and most will say something like.... I don't want to show off my wrinkles.... then the photographer can say no problem... I have a anti-wrinkle creme that will remove your wrinkles in 2 minutes... lasts for 8 hours... I have some with me... want to try it?

Last edited:

oldnickb

If you watch the leader boards for any product launch, the ones at the top are nearly all people who also have their own products, so it would seem that the secret of success at affiliate marketing is to be a product creator yourself.

I don't think I know of anyone who has their own products who doesn't also promote other people's products as well.

Older threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.