Blog or Squeeze page!

onlinebiz

Hi guys,

I have created my first squeeze page and I would like to ask you something!

I'm going to use media traffic as main traffic source to it and I was wondering if it can be better if I build a complete blog and put my squeeze page on or just leave it as a default home page !

What's your opinion about that?

Thanks in advance!

elcidofaguy

Personally I would take a combined approach with leaving the squeeze page as your home page... Send traffic to it as planned via social media etc and in parallel set up a blog which can help with getting organic traffic.. All you need to do is place a small footer link to the blog and web crawlers will have no problems with crawling/indexing your blog content.... With the blog I would add articles every week or so and build it up accordingly with efforts to get blog traffic funneled to the home page (squeeze page)... Hope that helps!

Nytshade

When you say media traffic I assume that you're trying to say media buying, as in like banners. In that case I would send the traffic straight to the squeeze page. But if you're talking about social media traffic then I would follow the advise Elcidofaguy has given you above.

A few months back I posted my squeeze page for review and someone asked a very important question. At that time I didn't have the blog anchor in my footer and she asked how is she going to know if I'm an authority.

Which was a really good question, after adding the blog in the footer and added some testimonials the optin rate increased. So having a blog does help a lot and adds some authority status to your squeeze pages and website as a whole.

A blog is also versatile in a way that you can use it to build an email list as well by having optin forms below each post and in the sidebar. You can also use popups if you prefer.

But keep the home page as a squeeze page, people like to click the homepage after reading a useful blog post to search for more content. So it's a good choice to have the squeeze page as the homepage.

Hope that helps :)

oldnickb

Recently there has been a lot of discussion on a couple of other pages about whether squeeze pages are still as effective as they were.

The general consensus seems to be that there is a certain reluctance to sign up as readily as before. Personally I find that a squeeze page is still as effective as ever in a non internet marketing niche, but conversions are a lot better in IM with a content page with an exit pop, so I would say that it depends on what your niche is.

At the end of the day, a blog is more or less essential anyway. The more opportunities you can give a customer to subscribe the better but the Golden rule is track test tweak and do it again. No two sites get the same results, so you have to keep testing all the time.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views