can I learn by heart PHP programming ?

vietnamtravel

Hello everybody.
I only have basic knowledge about HTML, Front Page, Dream Waver.
and I want to create and customize some websites with PHP language.
Kindly tell me can I learn by heart PHP programming ?
Thanks a lot.

JOSourcing

Once you get started with PHP, you'll get a sense of how easy it really is. And if you ever get stuck, there's plenty of help available online. I think Homeandlearn's Beginners PHP tutorials make the language extremely simple.

royals

well if you have passion for coding, you will definitley learn it.
Its all about understanding concepts and how things work, dont force yourself.
My advice is buy a good book on PHP and read it first and then search online for each topic

MightWeb

Depends on your definition of learn by heart. Sure, you can learn the actual syntax, you can understand how PHP was designed and what strenghts and limitations it has - but there will always be times when you run into issues, or when you forgot the name of a core function or which parameters it requires.

If you're starting out, I'd advice you to do it right from the start, and adopt a good framework with an MVC-structure. Laravel is my personal go-to choice for this, though I know some who prefer CodeIgniter.

SiteChef

There's lot of resources out there - and learning it all from memory can be difficult, most developers will know the basics and rely on php.net or google searches to help them get the syntax - I can't imagine forcing myself to learn and memorize the exact syntax and paramters for every php function.

elcidofaguy

I've been a progammer for almost 20 years and indeed I fully agree with this timeless approach:

You got that right! For me, it's copy, paste, tweak, and learn (in that order, too)!
There's lot of resources out there - and learning it all from memory can be difficult, most developers will know the basics and rely on php.net or google searches to help them get the syntax - I can't imagine forcing myself to learn and memorize the exact syntax and paramters for every php function.
Nice one!!! When it comes down to it the important things to remember are a few in between.... Knowing how to query/update a database, loops, if then else, arrays and mapping out the pseudocode etc... Once you've programmed in one language its pretty easy to pick up another with simply using/adapting many online examples... Really why should one bother even trying to memorize a programming language 100%??? When these days we have a lot of programming languages and frameworks to contend with... and new stuff coming out quicker than you can blink lol...

Cookie

Yeah, you definitely can, as long as you're dedicated and put in some hard work.

sallysaleh

No No No, do not do it this why. you must have a computer and try coding by hand not heart. if you do not practice you will forget many things.

Last edited:

statvoo

PHP is a very heavily documented and widely used language, focused at web developers worldwide. It's a great language to learn to get started in web development.

royals

well If you have a passion for coding and excited about how all this stuff works then yes you can learn and if you just want to learn because you don't know what to do with your life then it will take long time for you to get on track

acquisto

I would recommend picking up a book. Websites like php.net are excellent references but they can be overwhelming when trying to learn from them. Most of the popular publishers, such as O'Reilly, Apress, and Wrox have PHP books that will teach you at a moderate pace from the ground up.

dafthost

dafthost

well if you have passion for coding, you will definitley learn it.
Its all about understanding concepts and how things work, dont force yourself.
My advice is buy a good book on PHP and read it first and then search online for each topic

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.