Is it possible to do SEO for a video on first page of Google?

kencalhn

Hi Guys,
I usually hear about techniques to make a keyword on top 10 Google but not for a video, do you try for your video?

sagabizsolutions

I think you optimize your video around a keyword that does not have the results of the video in Google. In this case, you do not get traffic from people searching on YouTube
But if you optimize for keywords video, you will also get targeted traffic to your video directly from the first page of Google.

nesito29

Yes of course, just like pages, video use keywords therefore is possible to rank your videos. All you have to do is optimize your video with the right keywords and start driving traffic there, that way you get the site's traffic + yours. The more views the more relevant meaning easier to get ranked.

DiamondIM

DiamondIM
As nesito29 said, it's possible to SEO for your video, it is the same as SEO for an image, you need to have any SEO factors around it to get ranked higher on web search results.

I found more videos at #3 position of google, they are popular videos and having more shares.

Eoon

Eoon
Please elaborate this "optimize your video with the right keywords and start driving traffic there"??

Why more views meaning easier to get ranked? Are you supposing that the traffic to a video is related to ranking on Google?

wms

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Guys,
I usually hear about techniques to make a keyword on top 10 Google but not for a video, do you try for your video?
Why not?

You can do video marketing and get it on first page of google, even there some big websites rankings well

see my screenshots that I took from my browsers

If the front page is full of social network profiles then yes. If its full of websites ranking well, then no.

;)
I don't think so, friend!

Here's a video for keyword "internet marketing forum" that I have uploaded since 3 weeks ago and now it's on top 9 Google.com
video_marketing1.jpg

And here's keyword "best internet marketing forum", the video got top 3 google.com

video_marketing2.jpg

I think we can use strength of Youtube to rank for our videos, not only website keywords.

What would Eric say? :D

ericplotz1

ericplotz1
Are you sure those aren't your personalized results? I've searched those terms from all browsers and also a VPN from multiple IPs and a new gmail and I don't see those same results.

However I did see us ranking in the 2nd spot for "internet marketing forum" from one of the ips. :D

Nytshade

Nytshade
This video is showing on position 8 on my results as well for the keyword "best internet marketing forum". For the keword "internet marketing forum" the video is on page 2 when I'm using the google chrome browser.

On firefox the video is in position 3 for "best internet marketing forum", check the screenshot below. Then it's number 8 for "internet marketing forum". I don't understand why chrome and firefox are showing different results, even when I log-out my gmail account.

best internet marketing forum.jpg

elcidofaguy

elcidofaguy
The difference most likely relates to cookies and personalization which is set even if you are not logged into gmail.... Try adding the following at the end of the search result url: &pws=0 - as that should remove personalization.... For example:

Below is the URL returned when searching for the term "best internet marketing forum":
Code:
https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=best+internet+marketing+forum
Below is the URL with the appended &pws=0 in order to remove personalization:

Code:
https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=best+internet+marketing+forum&pws=0
I'm curious to know if that makes a difference... They should now both be the same for each browser...

Cheers,

Sid

elcidofaguy

elcidofaguy
This used to work, however reading online it looks like G has made it harder to achieve removal of personalization falling short of removing all cookies/search history from your browser....

I would also try it in incognito/private mode... Have a quick look at [URLnf="http://moz.com/blog/face-off-4-ways-to-de-personalize-google"]this [/URLnf]as it may help - it seems there is not a full proof 100% way of getting rid of personalization from reading that article...

I think one way which will still work is to use the Adwords Ad Preview and Diagnosis tool - but that's really taking it far in order to view de-personalized data...

Jovani

Below is the URL with the appended &pws=0 in order to remove personalization:

Sid
pws = personalized web search ??
I heard that it did not work with Google instant search

You can try by going to Settings on Google and disabling your Google instant function... then search again... after that, add PWS=0 to the resulting search URL...
It can be a solution.

I use a browser only for search and no clicks and no login to my gmail account, that can help me find exact search results or keyword positions.

emily

Yes! of course we can boost any video to the first page of Google by video marketing efforts, Do keyword research on what people are mostly looking for and create videos around those keywords and topics, will definitely rank your videos better in search engine ranking and you can get more business and customer from your video marketing efforts.

Charlie3560

Absolutly possible...Just enter few search sentences in google you will almost always find yt video on top page or in some cases second page - that means video is fresh or not highly relevant. But with good seo and relevant content is almost easier to rank yt video than site/blog...

itrafficsupplier

Definitely, Youtube is run by Google so make a video on youtube and you can. [Content Removed by Moderator] I'd recommend to anyone who owns a website is to make a video tutorial on youtube, it can be anything on how to navigate your site etc, and don't forget to put a link in the description.

Last edited by a moderator:

Webmaster.Xochitl

Yes, it's definitely possible for a video on first page of Google, if you work with the right SEO strategy and you must optimize your website.

nesito29

Ok, let me explain a little bit better what I meant.

Optimize your video with the right keyword:
If you want your video to rank for any keyword you will need to target it and to make sure your content is relevant. Here's how you optimize your video.

1. Use your targeted keyword in your title, description and tags. (I recommend targeting one keyword/video although you can target more than one)
2. Linking other videos to the one you want to rank will highlight it's importance + driving more traffic to it.
3. Views aren't as important as view time, so create eye-catching interactive videos and ask viewers to interact with it (comments and thumbs up).
4. Get some backlinks, more backlinks the better ranked the video gets.

When I said the more views makes it the more relevant I meant that if people are finding your video through your targeted keyword and people watch the whole thing, then it means that your video is relevant to their search which makes it great in YouTube's eyes and rank it better (remember view time is very important).

Hope this helps you understand better video marketing.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.