What makes your Youtube videos rank higher in youtube search results?

rossdoherty

Hey guys!

Is any one here doing video marketing and earn money from Youtube?
Do you know any easy ways how to make my Youtube videos get ranked higher in Youtube search results?

Thanks in advance.
Rossdoherty

Nytshade

There are 2 things that make a video rank high in youtube search and those are:

1. Watch Time - how long to people watch your video, do they watch it till the end or do they stop it before it ends then search for another one.
2. Backlinks - the more quality backlinks you have for your video the better it will rank well.

Those are the 2 main factors, not to mention using the right metadata (title, description and tags). Customize your thumbnail to increase clicks as well. Also use related keywords in the metadata so that you can rank for different keywords instead of 1 keyword.

Most importantly, make sure your video offers high quality content and keeps people coming back to watch it again and again, that will definitely improve your rankings.

Nytshade

I doubt this as an important factor to get high rankings on youtube search results but I'm not sure about it.
Next time make an argument with facts not doubts or what you assume. In October 2012, Google's YouTube platform introduced the new algo aimed at rewarding video content that really engages viewers and keep them on YouTube for as long as possible.

Maybe you don't have a youtube account so that is why you didn't get this message:

We've started adjusting the ranking of videos in YouTube search to reward engaging videos that keep viewers watching. The experimental results of this change have proven positive - less clicking, more watching. As with previous optimizations to our discovery features, this should benefit your channel if your videos drive more viewing time across YouTube.
All youtube wants is to keep people on their website longer so that they can click on the ads. Same as facebook will give you cheap CPC if you keep the users within facebook.

This is an algorithm that will make it a bit hard to game the system, as compared to them relying on likes, comments and views. Here's another quote from the Youtube Playbook:

"YouTube optimizes search and discovery for videos that increase watch time on the site".

Get some facts in the link below and come back with a post that has some facts not assumption or what you feel is right or wrong:

Code:
http://www.youtube.com/yt/creators/

JOSourcing

Wouldn't the number of views help ranking as well? I've got two teens that make (in my opinion) some of the most ridiculous gaming videos I've ever seen. Yet they attract more views than my business-related videos! As a result, I assume their silly productions rank higher than mine.

Is that a wrong assumption?

Nytshade

Nytshade
Views are easy to fake including likes and comments. For instance, look at traffic exchange websites, you get points by watching a video for 15 seconds then you move on to the next one. Then other users watch your video for 15 seconds to achieve points as well.

So if youtube was relying on views then these videos that are being watched for 15 seconds would be ranking high. Same with comments, people can easily exchange comments on traffic exchange websites including likes as well as subscribers.

Can you see how stupid that would be for youtube to rely on views, comments and likes? Youtube wants to give their users the best experience possible. So watch time is the best option they have at the moment, obviously there are other factors like embeds, backlinks, metadata etc. but by using watch time they can be able to determine how valuable your video is for their users.

Search for any keyword on youtube and you'll see that videos don't rank depending on views, if views were "the main" ranking factor then you would have the videos with the most views showing at the top of each keyword search.

Simply read the Youtube Playbook on the link I shared above to get more detailed info.

Sandipan

1. Use of keyword in Title and Description
2. Get more likes as possible (you can use views exchange websites)
3. likes make big impact
4. ask people to comment
5. get back-links through blogs(have a web 2.0 blog, write articles, embed the video, and don't forget to add the same keywords in post content what ever u have used in youtube video title)

Hope helps
Sandipan

Archana

I would like to share some helpful tips that could help you to make enthralling videos for captivating the viewers attention towards your YouTube video.

1. Don't use Animoto for making videos. It is an old fashion type for making videos. It is not effective for now.
2. Make your videos fully informative so that it can engage your viewers on your video instantly.
3. Show the possibilities of your business through the video as it impacts a lot on the viewers mind quickly.
4. make it catchy and attractive so that people can comment on it regularly.

Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views