Backlinks from post content, footer or sidebar?

DiamondIM

I want to increase quality backlinks for my wordpress tips blog, I searched and found some good providers for these backlinks but I would know best place to put my links on their sites? from post content, footer or sidebar?
where will give me best SEO benefit and possible to increase my keywords ranking?

Nytshade

The best place is in the post content. Don't waste your money on footer or sidebar links, they don't have much effect or link juice.

But Google is against buying links, so why would you buy links? That's too risky for your off-page seo, rather build your own links instead of buying them. Rather take that money and invest it in promotions for your website so that you can get other people to create organic backlinks for your site.

But if you trust the seller then go ahead and buy them but don't buy footer or sidebar backlinks, they don't carry a lot of weight. Remember, when it comes to buying backlinks, you get what you pay for.

Cheap ones are always from crap websites, but that doesn't mean if they're expensive they're good. Analyze the website if the seller allows you to do it.

amitncode

As per my knowledge, backlinks from post content is the best one to have as it has more value than footer or side bar backlinks.

SEOPub

Who cares if it is gaming the system? You know what else is gaming the system? Putting an INTERNAL link with keyword rich anchor text on your own site. Is anyone going to stop dong that? Yeah, I don't think so.

They have no way of knowing if you bought a link or not. Zero. Almost all large players in big niches are operating largely on bought links.

That is one of those things Google just tries to scare people about because they have no way of possibly enforcing it.

Reactions: rwsorensen

rwsorensen

WMS Marketplace Seller
rwsorensen
Exactly, my company is paying over $200 a month for "the game" of linking on other websites but they are helping to increase keywords rankings for our websites, no one knows that but it still is happening :)

elcidofaguy

Google doesnt really have much to go on when it comes to paid links hence one of various reasons for manual reviews resulting in a "unnatural link notice"within WMT. There are some indicators which G uses that one needs to be wary of when examining websites which are offering backlinks for sale:

1. Avoid sites which have too many outbound unrelated links. Hint: too many and it looks spammy.
2. Avoid sites which have too many outbound commercial anchors (keywords).
3. Avoid sites which have obvious sections where it is a paid link section e.g. sidebar stating "Our Sponsors", "Our Friends" etc...
4. Avoid site wide links e.g. header, footer, sidebar, unless of course it is an ad which in that case you can expect that to be nofollow...

The best links to get is within the body of the page, ideally on the home page.... Also I wouldn't worry about placing your target keyword but rather opt to use a generic word or branding with surround text providing the context which fits with the subject/topic of the website... Remember too many commercial anchors on your backlinking profile may/will raise the wrath of G's penguin...

G already has a good idea about your website such as through your on-page SEO efforts, hence dont worry about using your target keywords too much as overdoing it will cause algo issues...

Finally you should ought to check the websites own backlinks and other metrics such as Moz DA/PA Majestic CF/TF which provides an indication of its authority (these are not ranking factors but indicators!!) and of course how well the website ranks for obvious keywords... Examine the website content and internal linking structure as part of your assessment... The aim here is to find a quality site which can provide great link juice for your rankings...

Hope that helps!

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.