Why do you need a mailing list?

BillEssley

WMS Marketplace Seller
A mailing list is a very important factor for IMers, because it is a much more direct and intimate way to communicate with your readers and is a form of relationship more thoroughly. The level of care that will give a person reading an e-mail is much higher, more beneficial for your business that you can get on a blog, in which you have to compete with many distractions.

When you send an e-mail to one person and this person decides to read it, here you have a very strong connection. If you try at some point to sell a service or product this person, it is much easier to do in the e-mail channel.

So, what is your personal opinion on this? why do you need a mailing list??

elcidofaguy

Hiya BillEssley, Nice post.. Totally agree ;-)

People regard their email inbox as personal space... Its a form of communication that is direct and allows you to build a rapport and trust... Further it fundamentally provides a solid base for your business to operate from... Your reliance on traffic from other sources decreases as your list grows.... In fact if you are not building a list then for sure you are leaving money on the table...

Most people do not buy products and services on the first visit... Further even if you visit and awesome website and bookmark it - chances are you wont visit it again... We all do that and hence list building is a means to mitigate against that as well as reliance on SERPs and other traffic channels... Email marketing for me is an essential....

elcidofaguy

Does it have any alternatives if I don't building an email list?
I would ay that the alternative is to leverage social networks with building a community of followers and to communicate through those channels with promoting your offers...

It's possible to increase traffic and sales to my site without email list?
For sure... You should always have a combined strategy of search engine traffic through ranking on serps as well as traffic from other mediums such as social networks, video marketing etc as well as even considering use of ads...

emailjunkie

You want to build an email list that is targeted and responsive, don't try to sell with every email, offer value, tips and tricks and your humble opinion. email consistently eg. same time and same days.

It is a proven fact that most people it takes an average of 5 to 7 times of seeing your offer, before they will buy products from you or join you in a marketing program.

One of the only ways of accomplishing this is by having an autoresponder that you can follow up with people via email with.

The follow through is where I make 95% of my income online. If I would not have built my email list, I would still be broke, you can take everything else away from me, but not my email list!!

DaveKash

Hey there BillEssley

I think there are a lot of great reasons why someone needs an email list for their business. Here are my five reasons of why having an email list is essential in internet marketing.

1. You can build a relationship with your email subscribers, they can get to know who you are and if you send good, creative helpful emails then they will like and trust you, and buy from you over and over again.

2. Once you have built up a large email list, then you will have the capacity to spread your message to the world and give a lot of people helpful and valuable advice.

3. You can make a ton of sales and money by building up loyalty and branding with your customers. It is like your favorite department store, you shop there over and over again compared to other stores because you trust and love their expertise.

4. In addition to owning an asset which will pay you over and over again, you will own something that you can pass on to your kids and from generation to generation.

Having an email list is powerful. Not only will it change your life, but you will have the power to have a voice to the world.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.