What is the best android emulator for low spec PC ?

rawing

Hello, i'm new member here. I hope this is the right section to post my question.

I'm looking for android emulator for win xp which doesn't required high spec (ram, etc)

Can anyone tell me what is the best emulator for this ?

Thanks in advance.

ron13315

i believe bluestack is the best for android emulator. but it required atleast mid game spec. i think any video card with atleast 128bit and ram of 2g is enough to run bluestack on your windows.

rawing

bluestacks need high memory, if i'm not mistaken is 2gb at least.
but i never tried andyroid, i'll check that out. Thanks. :)

RDO Servers

Hey Rawing,

What are you using the emulator for? Program development/testing or just to play around with?

Sorry, I dont have any experience in that realm or advice to share, just curious what your working on.

gdevpro

I use bluestack for my android emulator...but need more ram..
if your ram just 2GB, you can try windroye for your emulator.
thanks

jamesnader

Bluestacks could be a heavy package, therefore it might slow down your computer. you can use third party software to extend the performance of your system however i do not assume that will be much facilitate. So, if you would like to extend the performance, i would recommendation you to upgrade your system in hardware level.

EpicGlobalWeb

Unfortunately for the OP, your best bet is probably going to be USB-ing it to your computer. Emulating that software on a low-spec PC is going to give you a lot of headaches. I'd recommend actually writing the software program and publishing it to the Play Store, then downloading it on the phone and updating it as you go and make changes. You can do this privately without releasing it to the public and your development cycle will be much more streamlined.

ulterios

I'm looking for android emulator for win xp which doesn't required high spec (ram, etc)

Can anyone tell me what is the best emulator for this ?
Well it would depend on what you consider high spec requirements. The two that I have dealt with in the past (although it's been quite a while) are BlueStacks and Andyroid.

Based on my experiences I would use BlueStacks over Andyroid just because I was having way to many issues with Andyroid and especially with compatibility with apps.

BlueStacks was much better and I never had any issues with it. Plus it requires a gigabyte less RAM than Andyroid does so if your system has less RAM then this would be the better choice. ;)

FreebieBoy34

Hi there! My advice on this are actually 2: driod4x and Leapdroid. Both are free. Check these out and see which one will work for you...:)

Zack

One that I have tried and had great results with was AMI DuOS. It worked very well but it's a paid software. They have two versions (last time I checked) one for $5 and one for $10. They have a free 30 day trial before you have to pay to see if it works for you.

I wound up removing it because I got a new Android tablet and was just trying to free up space on my PC.

Something to check out though.

kingcool52

Didn't realise people still used Windows XP to be honest. Can I just ask - do you still use Windows XP because you like it or just can't upgrade at the moment? I would suggest that you use Genymotion which is compatible with Windows XP. It also requires very little memory (only around 100MB). It's extremely quick and easy to use which is probably perfect for you. You could also use Bluestacks but I think it does require a lot of memory for Windows XP

Unknown

I won't mention the two most popular options; BlueStacks and Andyroid since several people already suggest them, instead, I will suggest some others.

Here's a few to try out:
- AMIDuOS; it only requires 2GB RAM, however, it is paid. You have a trial version as well I think 25 or 30 days then you have to purchase the software to keep using it. If interested, use the trial option to see how well the emulator would work for you then decide. Also, it doesn't support Windows XP but I don't know if you're still using it or have upgraded (http://www.amiduos.com/)
- Jar of Beans; a great software, supports Windows XP and other versions as well. It is completely free and really easy to set up. I have used it before and have great experience!
- KoPlayer; one of the best free software available. It is really amazing, runs smooth and has features that some other free emulators don't such as the video recording of the screen (http://www.koplayer.com/)
- YouWave; another software that runs perfectly on Windows XP. But it is paid. Not too expensive though (https://youwave.com/).

Hope any of these fit your needs :)

BatmanWayne

Hello, dude, I have a windows xp PC with 2 GB of RAM and I use Andy, it is a very good emulator, I recommend it to you, you can found it in andyroid. net, I feel that this is one of the best emulators, I use it every day!

haleakua

I tried Andyroid but it likes the latest version of BlueStacks, pretty weight and it requires a high PC specs with more RAM to run it. I would suggest using lower version of Blustacks which is more lighter and no ads in the app. If you want to use old version of BlueStacks, google it. For me, I am using BlueStacks App Player 3.50.52.1661 and it is really a great android emulator for low spec PC.

anaaibachan

The best android emulator in my opinion is BlueStacks, even though there are a lot of other emulators available online. I have used this, and I find it easy to use. You just have to download the installer from their official website. It's easy to install the app in a desktop PC or laptop. Prior to installing BlueStacks, it's important to know first hand your current PC or laptop's specifications. Make sure you have adequate memory before downloading it. Once installed, you'll be able to use the app immediately. I am experiencing lag at times, so when using this, make sure BlueStacks is the only one opened. Close browsers and programs that are connected to the internet as this can slow you down when you're using the app.

novice143

I think you might have a problem emulating android in windows xp. The best and working android emulator is bluestacks, no doubt about it. I used it in surface pro and its amazing. I have 2 questions for you in emulating android in windows.

1. Exactly what applications in android you want to emulate in your windows?
If it is not gaming, then I think windows have a lot more usuful softwares (for windows) than android OS.

2. If gaming, what kind or generation of games?
If you want casual games, look first if there is a windows app counterpart in the web. But if new games specially the big ones, for better gaming experience I suggest you improve you windows OS (and your hardware if outdated since android devices nowadays already runs in quadcore minimum)

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.