How many forum members and posts is considered successful?

twersk

Selecting a CMS to start a forum was a difficult thing but to have a successful forum is even more difficult. My question is, how many forum members and posts is considered successful?
I just want to hear your thoughts about that.

Rob arne

In my personal opinion, the quality of a forum depends on quality of posts content and members on it, It's not upon the quantity.

natemaingard

natemaingard
While I agree with this and find it true, a forum is not going to become successful because it has 20 quality posts and only a handful of members. To be considered successful, you definitely need a good couple thousand members and 100k+ of posts.

Syadei

I believe that for a forum to be considered successful, it does need to have at least a few thousand members along with at least 100,000 posts. However, for it to be thriving and still currently successful it needs to have at least 80+ active members each day with a couple hundred posts per day.

MrGravyCakes

You used the word, 'successful' and that, to me is a word that suggests this..it makes the owner happy if what he has achieved. Success, in life, is achieved when you are proud of your goals, when you have attained something that you set out to achieve.

I would not say there is a number of posts that make a forum successful. Maybe the owner wanted to make a forum that makes money. As soon as it does, it is successful. Maybe they wanted to make a big community of gamers. When they have members online all the time chatting, then it is a success.

PRO

Yes, I agree with the last reply. What goal have set for yourself? If it is just a 100 members, you will be happy when you have a 100.

My forum goal is to have a place where people get what they want without paying for it. The moment I achieve that, I will say that I am successful.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
jms

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.