Alexa ranking decreses by 6 million in one day

markdenz

Alexa ranking decreses by 6 million in one day after i put alexa code in my website

I think it will continue to decrease its more accurate then the tool bar estimation, i would recommend it if you are getting high traffic and your alexa mumber is still high, me yesterday 21 500 000 but today 15 000 000

markdenz

I wish i knew this going to happen I would of taken a screen grab for you

trustdnb

6 million in one day is not more, I have some new websites and it decreased from 27M to 4M for 3 or 4 days.
It depends on your promotions and traffic for your website, not only alexa code.

markdenz

wow yours is very big but the thing is with me my traffic has been big but mobile traffic and this alexa tool bar they dont have so websites i know that are having less traffic than me are having good alexa just because they are old

SEOPub

Why in the world do you care about Alexa Ranking? You know it is completely useless, right? If someone told you that your Alexa Rankings was important, you should walk up to that person and punch them right in the face for lying to you.

SEOPub

Because it has nothing to do with your actual traffic. It is a guess that Alexa makes based on traffic that comes to your site which has the Alexa Toolbar installed on their browser. Do you know anyone still using the Alexa Toolbar? I sure as hell don't.

It has zero impact on your rankings, actual traffic, or making money.

It is something totally stupid that people focus on.

markdenz

seopub as far as i am concerned everybody i know is concerned about alexa ranking even professionals and news websites they take pride in alexa ranking by the way i know some companies with the certified metrics its accurate even shows the daily page views and unique visitors if you want it to maybe that's just your opinion hey

SEOPub

If everyone you know is concerned about Alexa Ranking, that just means you know the wrong people. :think:

It's not my opinion. Alexa is highly inaccurate and useless metric. It does NOTHING for your website.

No real professionals take Alexa Ranking seriously.

Let me know when you start making money because your Alexa Ranking improved.

markdenz

i am making lots of money this new this is a new domain i shifted to, please thats your opinion many professionals are concerned about alexa

SEOPub

SEOPub
I said making money because of your Alexa Ranking. Your Alexa Ranking can improve, but that does not actually mean your traffic has improved.

Hell, you can buy Fiverr gigs to manipulate it.

Here is [URLnf="https://www.fiverr.com/ialexa/improve-your-alexa-rank-below-top-999999?context=advanced_search&context_type=rating&pos=1&funnel=2a664e61-67c0-4cf8-a92f-9977c0e56d72"]link 1[/URLnf] and [URLnf="https://www.fiverr.com/hugetraffic/send-1000-real-visitors-traffic-all-with-alexa-toolbar-to-boost-your-websites-alexa-ranking?context=advanced_search&context_type=rating&pos=3&funnel=2a664e61-67c0-4cf8-a92f-9977c0e56d72"]link 2[/URLnf]

It's is a lot like when people obsessed over their sites PageRank or today when people keep focusing on Moz's Domain and Page Authority. If those sort of metrics are the focus for your business, you are not paying attention to what is really important.

And you can argue about the professionals being concerned with Alexa Ranking. Fine. I'll reword it. I've never met a professional that I had any respect for who was honestly concerned about the Alexa Ranking of any of their sites.

natemaingard

What it really comes down to is personal preference, I guess. If you like and care about Alex ranking, you do. If you don't, you don't.

Reactions: markdenz

SEOPub

SEOPub
My worry, and one of the big reasons I ever got active on forums in the first place, is that people who do not know any better read threads like this (before I interjected) and assume that people posting on a forum like this know what they are talking about. They believe them. Before they know it and without understanding why, they are tracking Alexa Ranking and obsessing over improving it. They are hunting down ways to improve their Alexa Ranking. Never do they question why.

The truth is that Alexa Ranking does not matter and it will not make you any money, which is what anyone in online marketing should be focused on.

natemaingard

natemaingard
That is their own fault for thinking that person A knows everything they're talking about and running off with that information. This happens on every forum in some way, not just Webmaster Sun. Are you going to join these other forums and bash on what you don't believe works? Is it even proven by a trusted source that Alexa gives you zero benefits? Or is it just personal opinions like yours?

SEOPub

SEOPub
I do participate in other forums to correct bad information. I was one of the moderators at Warrior Forum for example before they sold to new owners. So yes, I do my best to correct SEO BS when I have the time. And in no way was I insinuating that Webmaster Sun is alone in having users post information that is incorrect.

As for Alexa giving zero benefit, all you have to do is look at what it is. Alexa is a poorly conceived guess of traffic based mostly on visitors who have the Alexa Toolbar installed on their browsers. That is what Alexa Ranking is. It's basically just a made up number.

markdenz

it seems you did not even understand my post who said alexa rank will improve your traffic my advice was using the alexa code to get more accurate metrics better than the estimations by the tool bar its useful to people with new domains and high traffic (especially fb pages)who have not had the chance to be visited by alexa tool bar visitors they can increase their alexa rank by certified metrics thats what i was talking about then you come in with your comments saying alexa is stupid no professional uses it who makes money what nonsense you should have read my post properly i never said alexa rank increases your traffic or money we as webmasters just love alexa for our own reasons some show that to potential advertisers so your comments are just useless because you even talking about somethings i did not even mention

SEOPub

SEOPub
If you want something free for tracking traffic, why not use Google Analytics? It is far superior to Alexa.

I have never had an advertiser ask me about my site's Alexa Rank. If I did, I wouldn't want to work with them because they obviously have no idea how Alexa works. If they did, they wouldn't focus on it. They should be much more concerned with your actual traffic versus Alexa's 'let me just pull a number out of thin air" ranking.

And everything RDO Servers said. Alexa is total nonsense.

You can focus on it though if you want to. Totally up to you.

I just want any newbies who are just getting into internet marketing that might read this to know that it is a useless metric before they get led astray.

Last edited by a moderator:

RDO Servers

Alexa is a inaccurate metric. Period.

It depends on you having the code on your site, or users having the toolbar on their browser. Many people don't! So "Ranking" your site that has the Alexa code against a site that doesn't have the Alexa code is like comparing Apples to Volkswagens.

It is true that a lot of people care about the Alexa rank.

A) If you have a good low rank, your proud of it and talk about it a lot. That doesnt mean its actually impressive.
B) It is easy to manipulate the Alexa rank. Therefore some "SEO pro's" like to talk about the importance of Alexa rank so that when you pay them for their services, they can decrease your rank easily, and make you think your money is well spent and will keep paying them.

markdenz

i am using ganalytics but as i have said its for alexa listing and there in the public for everyone to see, just leave alexa alone if you dont want it it never hurt anyone i dont think any newbie will find any harm with what i said its so simple to understand

drastic

BRB - heading to Fivver. Will return with my 1k Alexa site and post a "for sale" thread.

drastic

There is one somewhat useful thing that Alexa offers, which is a 3rd party method of calling out someone on their BS.

When you go to buy a website that someone said "I get 60k visitors each day" and then that person selling refuses to show screenshots or offer access to GA, then you see their 28,034,234 Alexa - you can safely call BS on them. If they're pushing 50k Alexa, then OK, they might be legit, but if they were - you'd be looking at their stats directly with no question.

But you're 110% correct when you say that Alexa ranks won't earn you any income nor will they really do anything for that matter.

Consider it a bragging right no different then who can drink the most milkshakes without sharting.

Older threads
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies