Why do most people fail online?

DaveKash

I woke up this morning and I was thought to myself for a long time about the most common reasons why so many people fail online. I thought that the most common reasons are:

1. Lack of faith and belief- When I started learning about how to make money online, I will admit I was very sceptical and weary about the whole idea. I guess that is how a lot of other people think that online success is not possible because all their lives they hved worked a 9-5 or worked for money by some other physical means. Too them making money online is a foreign idea, an alien idea which is too good to be true.

2.Failing to invest in your education- So many people want to do things on their own. For example I knew this guy who wanted to make money online and decided to make a website on Guava trees! Problem with that is like reason number 1 , there are not a lot of products about Guava trees to sale. So this is why a lot of people fail. They fail to learn the right way on how to do things with all the bad information, products and scams out there.

3.Failing to choose the right niche- A lot of people will immediately start to make a website or start building an email list based on what they think will work for them instead of doing the research first. You see doing a lot of research and finding out whether your niche is profitable

4.Giving up to early- We are all familiar with this one. So many people are chasing get rich quick schemes and overnight success with a push of the button. Unfortunately many people fall to a lot of bad information out there, and give up too soon when they do not see a Clickbank sale a day after they put their site up. Very few online marketers make fortunes overnight. Online success requires following a formula other successful markers have used and making mistakes until you become a master of that formula. But many give up to early before they even find out. A great way to keep me going is to always think that success is very near when we are just about to give up.

In my opinion if you want to make money online and succeed, it all begins in the mindset. If you have a vision of what you want, believe in it, invest in you education and immediately take action and make mistakes then there is no stopping you from doing and achieve whatever goals you want to achieve.

Why do you think most people fail online?

Last edited:

natemaingard

1 and 5 are the same. :p

I'd say 1, 3 and 4 are the most common. Upon hearing of something new, a lot of people may be hesitant and not think they can do it. This factors into giving up too early. If the subject is new to them, they are most likely to give up early because they don't understand it takes time.

For 3, I wouldn't say it's as big of an issue. Most people I've seen have chosen a niche they know quite well.

DaveKash

Thanks for that, corrected it haha. Yes that is true, but for niche selection it depends on what type of marketing method you are using, SEO, Email, PPC, Blogging, etc.. All these platforms have different views about niche selection.

I will add a number 5

5. shiny object syndrome- This is where people follow the next big exciting opportunity to make make money online instead of following the method they had previously been taught. They end up abandoning the plan they had before and start this new make money online opportunity.

Last edited:

oldnickb

Quite simply they are not prepared to do what it takes.

95% of businesses fail on and offline. Commonest reason is that people work in the business instead of on the business. Mostly all people are doing is actually creating a job for themselves. As long as you are exchanging time for money you are not in business.

Think of the plumber who is really busy plumbing. What he should be doing is employing some plumbers, and spending his time generating business.

Too many people online spend most of their time on technical stuff instead of selling.

Outsource everything you can. Spend your time on marketing and watch your income grow.

Lucky!

I have been subject to number 4 myself and it does put as damper on things. I know with forums or blogs, people have a grand idea and go for it. They spend so much time on the project just to give up hope after a month and no real activity. While this can cause the feeling of failure, it really doesn't. The biggest issue I see is either people jump on the bandwagon of ideas thinking that because a certain website doing something successful that if they do the same thing, the same level of success will happen to them. I hate seeing this because it brings no originality to the market, because all of the websites that are created are basically another one, just a little different.

People need, and myself, need to focus on the future and less on the now part of owning a website or company for that fact. Success doesn't happen overnight, as much as I wish it did. People don't like to have to wait for success to happen or work to make it happen. That's the issue I see.

Most people fail online because they do not take action long enough, they did not define their dreams and their goals, so when they hit obstacles they quit. They do not know why they are trying to make money online.

I can credit my success to one decision I made, It was that no matter what I would never quit, no matter what! I made that decision two years before I ever made my first dollar online.

I adopted this saying "Its not over until I win"

Here I am over 10 years later, living the dream of working in my pajamas...And I will never quit!!

Charlie3560

So true everything that OP have said,thx for reminding the key things to worry about

sunimaster

There are two points of view to earnings in the network - too difficult, too easy. The secret is that the work is still necessary, even if the job is a little different. It has to work hard to earn some money online.

samng

For many, their starting point when they come online is - expecting easy money with NO effort. So when they come into this business, naturally they will fall for all the get rich quick scams out there.

After a few bad encounters, they realise that its not that easy to make money online. So the reality really hit them hard. So they quit prematurely.

That is just my thoughts.

TheLifeStyleMentor

Jumping around from one thing to the next and never mastering the one thing that could change everything for them.

acandi

... it all begins in the mindset. If you have a vision of what you want, believe in it, invest in you education and immediately take action and make mistakes then there is no stopping you from doing and achieve whatever goals you want to achieve.
Hello DaveKash,

I think the statement you made about mindset (quoted above) nails it!

Without the vision and belief, you won't invest in either education or essential business resources.

Without the vision and education you would not persevere or become aware of mistakes or take corrective action. You would not consider failures as stepping stones to success or a learning experience.

I also support the view expressed by "oldnickb" that not enough time is spent on actual marketing / selling activities.

LB.

albertgoopter

1. Lack of faith and belief

Very important.
I think this can be the main reason for failing anything in our life (It does not have to be online business or regular business).

odysseus

All points are valid, but something I don't see discussed often is the factor of random circumstances outside of your control. Or luck, as they call it.

I know, it's a taboo to talk about luck in entrepreneurial circles, but it is a fact of life. People with no skills and no hard work have made big money, and super talented people have worked their asses for years without seeing a dime. You can do everything right and still not earn, and you can do everything wrong and still earn. Even the most successful entrepreneurs have admitted that even though they have worked harder than anyone, they still wouldn't have made it if they haven't been lucky.

That said, I still believe it does help tremendeously if you still work hard and smart. I mean, what other option do you have? It's just that for some people it may take longer. If they accept that their journey might take longer and be harder but that their time will come eventually, it may help them with persistence and mindset and some of the other things you mention.

LearnTheNew

Most of them fail due to the first reason is not to be patients, not investing in himself. I don't know most people invest high money to learn new things but in that atleast why they not invest 10% on himself. Because he not confident on him self to make money.

GMBReviews

Why do most people fail ?
1. Being in denial
Most people thinks their product is top-notch, state of the art. But in reality, it's not. You want proof ? Go watch kitchen's nightmare. There are so many delusional owners and cooks
2. Time.
5 years ago, fintech wasn't accepted widely, but now it's getting mainstream. You need to launch your product at the right time.

eliaslonnroth

Yeah, and sticking to one thing. It's so easy to start something new thats more shiny. If you could just focus on making it with one model first and then branch out, you have a higher chance of seeing success early. It's hard sticking to one thing, but you won't make adequate progress if you just do it for a few months.

HarveyD

Afraid to take the Risk, they think that failing is losing but instead a staircase to success. They will never learned.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.