SEO for facebook fan page?

Gustav

Hi,
I would like to know that what to do for my facebook fan page to get ranked in first Google search results?
I found some FB pages listed out there but I don't know what techniques they used, please share your suggestions?

bijutoha

Gustav, Just think it is not your Fan Page it is your traditional website. So, do same things that you will do for a website. I mean... 1. Make a SEO Title for your Fan Page. 2. Meta Description 3. H1 Tag . See below the successful example of a fan page.

for-forum.png

When you will make a monitoring closely, You see some keywords there in the Fan Page title. Oh! it is not necessary to make a big title like it's. Some important things you should follow after making your Fan Page. Like

A. After getting 25 likes Create a custom fan page vanity URL
B As far as possible, include a link to your fan page on other existing channels like twitter, website, blog etc.
C. Regular Status Update with your targeted keywords.

Hope, these all will help you so much.

Alex Thompson

Nice post.. bijutoha!

I would like to ask about meta description, should I include main keywords into it or just writing them naturally?

And, does a custom fan page vanity URL have any advantages if comparing it with original URL that Facebook gave us?

elcidofaguy

Agree nice post bijutoha... Just incase here is the link explaining the [URLnf="https://www.facebook.com/notes/equine-calculator/how-to-claim-your-vanity-url-for-your-facebook-page/474147772600069"]FB vanity URL[/URLnf] which is highly recommended... I don't remember needing 25 likes in order to do it, so that may have changed...

If you want to take things up a notch or two, then you'll also be needing some backlinks from quality sites which Google trusts. So consider off-page SEO techniques such as guest articles, PBNs etc as that too is hugely important.. Implementing on-page SEO will only help a little but for a far bigger boost on the serps then for sure you will need to implement off-page seo.

bijutoha

Thanks both of you, Alex Thompson and elcidofaguy. Alex Thompson! Yes you can include main keywords or as you want. You know, I often see my Fan Page is my great competitor on some main and worthwhile keywords.

Yes absolutely there are many advantages with fan page vanity url Such as..
1. It is going to take your main keywords through your Brand Name or Service Description. If you notice, My example of the fan page is going to carry this keyword clippingpathservice. That means [URLnf=https://www.facebook.com/clippingpathservice]https://www.facebook.com/clippingpathservice[/URLnf] .

2. A vanity URL easier to remember, share and use.
3. This type of url reflects an outlook of your site or business.
4. A Social Media Fan Page Vanity URL is Unique. So unique "URLs are heavily weighted by search engines".

Thanks in advance.

wms

Administrator
Staff member
wms
Should I insert main keyword into vanity URL or using my brand name, which is better to make my fan page get higher rankings on SERPs? :D

elcidofaguy

elcidofaguy
I would use your brand name which forms the main url i.e.

Code:
https://www.facebook.com/your-brand-name
It would not make sense otherwise... Besides most people tend to have some form of variation of a primary keyword in the brand/company name... Even if your brand does not have your primary keyword it does not matter.. Plenty of brands with made up names do really well... The important thing is to stick to your brand name with promoting it...

After that use keywords on your post title so that the url for those posts are e.g

Code:
https://www.facebook.com/your-brand-name/your-post-title-with-keyword
As you can see then your keywords are associated correctly to your brand for each of your posts ;-)

bijutoha

It depends on your needs wms! In this case, I would say, If your brand name is so powerful and recognizable then you can choose it. Otherwise, I have to suggest you to take keywords. Because, they can fill your targets via search engines. I mean when visitors will search these type of services [like your keywords] then Search Engines show yours. :)

elcidofaguy

elcidofaguy
For me it really does not make sense to replace your brand name with a primary keyword... If that is the case then I would strongly recommend that you rename your brand accordingly... Do keep in mind when you create posts and you use the keyword as part of a post title then the forming url will contain those keywords as per my above reply #7.

At the end of the day are you going for just one keyword or lots of keywords??? If its lots of keywords which I would assume then use them in your post titles ;-) ... Further your brand is hugely important and that too needs to be promoted and not just competitive keywords...

Hometutor

I'd like to caution folks that it is NOT your fan page it's Facebook's Fan Page which could be removed with a rule change at any time. I highly recommend at least having your own domain which redirects to your fan page, Google plus page or whatever you're replacing a website with. I also recommend using social media to drive traffic to your own website where you have better control.

Rick

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Latest threads