What are better backlinks?

pabitra

What is better for SEO and helping to increase keyword rankings for your site

- 50 backlinks from one site with PR5
- 50 backlinks from 50 different sites with PR3

All your comments are appreciated.

SEOPub

First of all, sites do not have PR. Pages have PR. PAGErank not SITErank or DOMAINrank.

Second, you have no idea what the PR is for any webpage right now. Google stopped updating that information publicly over 18 months ago.

If I had a choice, I actually knew what the PR of the pages were, and all other things were equal, I would take the 50 links from 50 different PR 5 pages on the same website.

RDO Servers

But keep in mind, that site could have been a PR5 18 months ago, but is now a blacklisted PR0!
Look at other quality ranking metrics before adding your link to a site.

elcidofaguy

What is better for SEO and helping to increase keyword rankings for your site

- 50 backlinks from one site with PR5
- 50 backlinks from 50 different sites with PR3

All your comments are appreciated.
Agree with the above sentiments... Forget PR as it has not been updated for over two years and most likely it will never be updated again... Further PR does not fully explain why sites rank on the serps and has only ever been a partial indicator which should never be used in isolation... That aside lets assume its not PR which you are looking at but a site which exhibits a great score on third party metrics e.g. DA/PA/CF/TF etc...

I would choose the second option.. 50 links form 50 different sites.. But be careful as to link velocity and anchor text used!!! If you are posting new articles on your main site then you could expect to get a spike in links which is what I would do...

A site which has 50 OBL to the same site will for sure raise algo flags (unless it is a footer or sidebar etc) and the receiving site is more likely to be busted for manipulating the serps should other factors be detected such as overuse of commercial anchors etc... If its 50 links as a result of footer/side bar etc then those links are weak and do not carry that much link juice... The best links are those within the main body of an article... and as such if you had 50 links coming from many articles in that manner - then that does seem suspect to say the least...

DiamondIM

DiamondIM
Why need to be careful about anchor text? how to avoid that?

elcidofaguy

elcidofaguy
You should read up about Google penguin algo...

Lets say you want to rank for the keyword red apples... and all of your backlink anchor text says "red apples" - then penguin is likely to detect unnatural link creation... You need to mix up your anchor text with either raw URL, branding, generic keywords as well as LSI keywords - semantically related to your primary keyword e.g. "juicy red apples", "best organic apples" etc...

If you do not mix up your anchor text, over time you run the risk of algorithmic penalty from Google resulting in loss of rankings.... Better to be safe than sorry...

I hope that helps!

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.