Can it be detected by google as an act of fraud?

Randhal007

I would like to ask how you think.

Whether justified if we help each other to do adsense clicks??

For example, I did click on the ads on your site and you click on the ads on my site.

Can it be detected by google as an act of fraud??

RDO Servers

I don't know for sure what systems Google has in place so this is speculation, but I wouldn't risk it.

Google is a huge company, with vast technical resources, that makes a TON of money on their adsense/adwords.
I'm sure they have some automated system that can detect this sort of thing.

i.e.:
If one IP/Session clicks every link on a particular page = red flag.
If one IP/Session keeps clicking links, but their always a bounce (short time spend on the page) = red flag
If one IP/Session clicks on more ad links then the average user = red flag

Say you have $100 in your account. Then you have some people click a bunch of links for you. If they detect it as possible fraud, they could freeze or $0 out your entire account. Just like if you get arrested for selling drugs, the cops take all of your cash, not just the amount they can prove was from drugs.

Best not to risk it in my opinion.

elcidofaguy

This is one of the reasons why I do not bother with partner networks when using Adwords with strictly keeping my ads for search only.... The other relates to the fact that ads shown on partner networks such as those on adsense sites do not convert as well, given that people are not actively searching for a specific keyword term as you get when on the SERPs.

With regards to committing adsense fraud - I would not bother... You are very likely to lose your account... Google for sure tracks IP... Therefore one click from a given IP and you'll probably get away with it but a second click and more and I am sure it will be detected as a fraudulent activity. Does lightening strike twice in the same place?? ... I doubt it...

In addition Google can also track referring page and hence if it is a direct URL and the ad is clicked that too can also set of a trigger... The other thing they track is user behaviour on a site as well as time on a site and dont forget they know your traffic amount on your site from search results... Further if you are thinking of using IP proxies - forget it... Google is also very good at detecting fake proxies and I am sure will discount it...

Also consider this... Only a small percentage click on ads... However if a large percentage of your visitors clicked on ads then that would definitely raise a flag... Therefore you would also need to generate massive amounts of traffic whereby only a fraction clicked on the links... That massive increase of fake traffic is also easy to detect...

Put all of those pieces together and you can see its extremely difficult and risky... The profile of clicks need to fit within a certain pattern with all of the above... You might get away with one click earning you 0.10 cents but you will not get to the payment threshold which requires much, much more...

Seriously do not even bother to entertain such an idea... Its not a way to make money... At the end of the day it is fraud and thus could result in legal issues too...

Randhal007

Thank you for your advice. But isn't it could have been anyone else that might be fun to deliberately do boom click on advertisements on our site. If google is able to detect that as well?

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.