Should I resubmit website to Dmoz directory?

OnaDavney

Hey Guys,

I submit my blog site to Dmoz directory since 3 months ago but I have just checked and it's have not still approved.
Should I resubmit my site to Dmoz directory or leave it and finding other alternatives?

Nytshade

Leave it and find another alternative, obviously they didn't think your website is worth adding to their directory.

Your website was not approved because it doesn't meet their requirements so resubmitting it won't solve the problem. They use their own metrics to see if your site is worth adding, they check things like moz trust, domain and page authority. What you need to do is to keep improving the website, get more social shares, more backlinks and add more content.

Once your brand is more popular, then you can resubmit the site. The thing they look at the most is social shares. Also make sure that you're not submitting a sub-folder (domain.com/folder) they don't approve those, even sub domains.

Just keep working on improving your website.

tk-hassan

You can resubmit your website any number of times you want but the chances of getting an approved listing are very very slim.

MrGravyCakes

I would wait a while before resubmitting. I'm sorry you didn't get accepted, but don't let that get you down! It's very easy to think 'I didn't meet their requirements so I must be bad' or whatever, but that is purely not the case. They have expectations and your site did not meet them, its not an issue, it is a chnace to improve! Everyone can improve in life, this is an area where your site can improve :)

SEOPub

Ignore the advice above about resubmitting your website.

First of all, it takes longer than 3 months to get approved in Dmoz generally. Second, if you resubmit, that is pretty much a guaranteed rejection. Most of the editors of Dmoz are maniacal egomaniacs. If you submit your site more than once, they won't even look at it. They will just reject it.

About the only way to get into Dmoz these days is to find an editor and pay them. It will probably cost you $200-300 per submission. That is about the only way I have gotten a site in there in the last 3 years or so, and I have submitted some sites that are literally industry leaders in their field.

Last edited:

itrafficsupplier

Hey Guys,

I submit my blog site to Dmoz directory since 3 months ago but I have just checked and it's have not still approved.
Should I resubmit my site to Dmoz directory or leave it and finding other alternatives?
I have herd it can take a long time even years to get your site listed on DMOZ. I'd wait a few more months and then resubmit your site.

Dmoz directory is pointless nowadays, I personally don't even remember any humans looked up, as much easier to google.
DMOZ still holds a lot of weight in the eyes of Google. If you can get listed in DMOZ your site will be listed in a lot of other directories and Google will see it there to and give you a big thumbs up. But as iv said it can take along time to get into DMOZ. There were also reports of DMOZ moderators purposely not listing websites if they are in competition with their own.

denvercardonations

I remember reading a few years ago that, accoring to this webmaster, DMOZ is nothing but another link. No special status, no magical powers, just another contextual backlink. Do people in 2016 still fret over getting into DMOZ? I mean, I could almost see about 10 years ago when Yahoo directory was around, for $199 or $299? I forget.

zizuflorin

It is very hard to submit your site to Dmoz. I have a site with PR 6 and 1400 visits per day and i try to submit to Dmoz but no result:(

rfharris

If your website didn't get listed on dmoz in first attempt then you don't have anything to lose. You can definitely try another time, may be this time you get lucky and your website get listed on dmoz.

SEOPub

It is very hard to submit your site to Dmoz. I have a site with PR 6 and 1400 visits per day and i try to submit to Dmoz but no result:(
Why would Dmoz care what your PR is?

If your website didn't get listed on dmoz in first attempt then you don't have anything to lose. You can definitely try another time, may be this time you get lucky and your website get listed on dmoz.
You can resubmit your Website to Dmoz ,maybe every 3 months or 6 months until you site approved into Dmoz
The submission guidelines basically say that submitting a site multiple times is a guaranteed rejection, so not sure I would listen to either of these two.

webdesign

webdesign
I don't believe in Dmoz's guidelines, I can tell you a site was listed on 5 different categories on Dmoz, it that valid submissions? Their editor could sell Dmoz listings or it is a paid directory but hiding that and working under a free directory.

TCoder

I never had any luck getting listed in DMOZ, I just gave up on it.

OnaDavney

Ignore the advice above about resubmitting your website.

First of all, it takes longer than 3 months to get approved in Dmoz generally. Second, if you resubmit, that is pretty much a guaranteed rejection. Most of the editors of Dmoz are maniacal egomaniacs. If you submit your site more than once, they won't even look at it. They will just reject it.
I think its just a term to avoid users resubmit their site more times into their directory. Other than that, how can they know a site resubmitted to their directory how many times?

About the only way to get into Dmoz these days is to find an editor and pay them. It will probably cost you $200-300 per submission. That is about the only way I have gotten a site in there in the last 3 years or so, and I have submitted some sites that are literally industry leaders in their field.
I have to agree with SEOPub on this, I saw some sites appeared on directories more times, I'm sure they bought a service from editors to get listed on directories on DMOZ.

I never had any luck getting listed in DMOZ, I just gave up on it.
Because "Free" on DMOZ is just a slogan, you can need to pay for the listing or never get your site listed there. Dmoz is commercial directory like yahoo directory but they didn't publish this.

fastreplies

3 mouths???
Next time you decide to check... try 3 years... 5 for sure

Should I resubmit my site to Dmoz directory
Only if you want to be banned for spamming

:)

fastreplies

crazycoder

Better to wait for some time as I have the same experience. Re-submitting immediately won't fix this. It might make things worse for your future submissions as multiple submissions might irritate the editors. Try to focus on your website metrics and quality first. Give it some time to gain popularity and then try re-submitting. You can also google and see if you can find any editors and pay them

Shimei

I heard a lot of the categories don't have "editors" to fill them. I suppose if one volunteered to work as staff for a specific category that you'd get your site into Dmoz.

backlinkfy

DMOZ is a human edited site with very stain guidelines. Don't waste your time resubmitting, if it wasn't accepting within 90 days then you can't be listed.

vishwa

DMOZ is a old and big Directory. I usually submit my sites to DMOZ and forget it. I really did not care whether it is listed or not. There are so many other ways to drive traffic to your site. Whilst getting listed in DMOZ doesn't mean that you will get top in Google. I also think that SEOPub gives you best answers regarding this.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.