Flat design or Skeuomorphism?

Tshepo

When you are creating a website, do you prefer to making it in a flat design or a skeuomorphism(shadow, bevel or heavy design)?
I used to use flat design as trending today, just want to know which you prefer when viewing a website?

MightWeb

Flat design whenever possible. Partly because as you mentioned it's trending - but also because of the simple fact that I think it's much cleaner.

natemaingard

It really depends on what the website is for and what I'm feeling. For the most part, I do stick with flat.

Unknown

I much prefer the good old flat design over skeuomorphism type ones. Even if I'm designing my own website, I always go with flat.

But also for viewing and visiting websites, it's my favorite choice because it's:
- trendy,
- clean,
- simple,
- easy to use,
- and tends to have much faster loading times.

It is always down to your own personal choice on what design you use for your websites but I think that the large majority still prefer the flat one so it's better to go with that.

joed77

Skeuomorphism is all about forms, while it's out of date, I think it's more fun as we tend to be drawn by forms, shadows and vivid colors, Flat may be fast and trendy, but a bit serious for me

Novakin

Minimal, flat and clean and well ordered while you focus on the small details...

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.