Windows VPS Free

imjagad

Hai,
I'm looking for a free windows vps provider, if anyone knows please comment in this thread.
thank you

ElixantTechnology

First off you're not going to find one I can tell you this now, if you do, you're getting the VPS from a company illegally utilizing the Windows Licensing Agreement and risk losing everything. As a SPLA Partner I can vouch on this part, licensing is expensive and nobody is just going to throw money down the drain.

The cost for a Windows Server 2012 Standard Edition license on an SPLA Agreement is $19.99 per month, that's per instance. That's not including hardware costs, network costs and staffing costs.

What do you plan on using this VPS for?

Harry P

No one offers a free VPS with good features or you will get bad supports or low quality vps if you can own a free VPS.

Start with $5 or higher price (from $10) to have a good VPS for your website if you are going to invest into online business, don't save your money for that.

ElixantTechnology

ElixantTechnology
Starting from $5-10 for a VPS would only be an effective means if utilizing Linux under the OpenVZ Virtualization Platform, and even at $5-10 you shouldn't expect any performance out of said VPS. The starting budget for a Linux VPS in most cases should be at the bare minimum $25, whereas Windows is a whole other story.

OpenVZ allows for the overselling of hardware, making it possible for more VPS to be hosted on the node allowing for a profit margin when dealing with lower prices. When dealing with Windows Virtualization you are talking full Hardware Virtualization with dedicated resources. A VPS node that is going to house Windows base containers is not only going to need twice as much power hardware wise, but also the cost of the software goes up as well.

Some providers will utilize a virtualization software such as Xen, which though free can require a lot of experience to maintain. Some will use technologies such as VMWare, which can cost a bit of money, and other will utilize Parallels Containers which is quite expensive. As mentioned a baseline windows license costs the provider $15-20 per month to begin with. With a Windows VPS you are going to want to be utilizing a minimum of 4GB of memory, as the operating system could be quite taxing on the resources provided.

I recommend starting your budget at $40-50 and looking upwards from there, if you are planning on getting a Windows VPS that is.

MightWeb

"There are no free lunches" is a quote I'm rather fond of.
Free web hosting works - although the quality is often lacking. The reason it works is because they can advertise off of you, and in turn generate revenue. They do this whilst at the same time overloading their servers to decrease any upkeep costs.

Now a free VPS? No way josé. As Elixant mentioned, the licensing costs alone would never allow for it. Add on top of that the amount of resources that would have to be allocated, and you've got yourself an impossible scenario. If you want a VPS; you'll have to pay for it.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.