SEO and getting traffic for an ecommerce store?

Tshepo

Hey there!

Just wondering for starting up an ecommerce store, how to SEO and getting organic traffic for an ecommerce store?

1/ Writing fresh and unique content for categories, product description and reviews?
2/ Uploading new products from manufactures?

I've noticed that more online stores didn't write fresh content, it took more time and efforts thus to get on search engine results is very difficult.

What would you suggest if you have a budget or no money to promote your store?
Appreciate your shares

elcidofaguy

To begin with I would use ads such as adwords in order to test and refine how well your website performs. From that you can fine tune and improve conversions. In parallel I would consider guest postings, offering discounts e.g. exclusive deals as part of JVs which can funnel traffic, list building/email marketing, video marketing after all youtube is the second largest search engine and with improving organic traffic I would pursue use of blog together with link building through PBNs..

In addition I would consider setting up an affiliate program e.g. CJ, Clickbank etc as well as use of large platforms i.e. place product on Amazon, ebay etc - after all we are talking about profits regardless of where it comes from ;-)

Best of luck!

Archana

If you want huge traffic for your eCommerce website then you should write quality content for your website. Even by making quality links for your website in High PR sites and doing link building for them can generate huge traffic towards a website quickly.

You are right that content matters a lot because it only holds the viewers attention in their first visit only.

akuaja

I would like to recommend you to apply the two technic for your web
its all about SEM dan SEO
and

building links is good for bussiness but you can not see result fast.
but if you have money you can buy it

buy facebook and google ads you have to consider if you need fast traffic

Ronak Magneto

Well, At the time developing of E commerce store many people makes Magento SEO mistake. Lack of Product Description, Using Default Description, Layered Navigation Issues, Using a default Magento XML sitemap, Broken Links are some of the Magento SEO mistakes that should be avoided.

Reizyl

For your eCommerec website to be successful, you really need to have a catchy and interesting words and graphics. Mostly people visiting sites don't like to read long information about the product. They'd usually like to see videos or pictures that would best describe the product.

Haniaroad

User-friendliness is another way of maintaining your traffic once they arrive in your store. A prospective customer should be able to purchase an item from start to finish within 3 clicks of arriving to the site. Also, have necessary pages built into the site that reflect strongly on your brand and credibility such as FAQ, Privacy Policy, Secure Checkout Logos, Credit Card logo images, etc...in order to build trust as a place to shop and return for your customers.

web2bizz22

I am handling an e-commerce store and getting traffic 3k-4k daily by doing organic SEO. In the first two months I had done some PPC work but Parallely I had started SEO for organic ranking.

If you are new in the market then first look at your competitor strategies (this thing you have to deep research). Only on-page optimization is not good enough.

Set the keywords on particular page & then start off-page work. One more thing branding is also important role in the market, you have to some branding work like facebook like, twitter followers, reviews on different website etc.

ericplotz1

Real Ecommerce websites are easy to rank! Having an SSL seems to prove a site is trusted in Google's eyes. I guess it also depends on the niche you're in, but most of my ecommerce clients rank on the 2nd page of Google before doing any SEO. Obviously you have to be aware of less competitive keywords and such. FOr instance an Ecommerce selling Nike tennis shoes will be a challenge to rank and I would advise to go with a market with less competition.

COmpetitive niches require too much work in my opinion and SHOULD not be a source of income when you need money NOW. This is something you build over the course of years to come. And youre still going to encounter problems.

Emilygrey

SEO for Ecommerce takes much time and if you are newcomer so don't waste your time & go towards Google Ads.
Tip: Select your product name as a keyword for Google ad.

contusecommerce

Nowadays it becomes a challenge to getting traffic for an ecommerce store. there are many techniques through which you can increase your website traffic.

1/ Ecommerce Platform: - Magento, Yahoo Store, Shopify, Big Commerce, Spree

2/ Search engine optimization:- Seomoz, ahrefs, majestic seo, buzzstream,raventools
(SEO) is the process of increasing the visibility of a website or a web page in a search engine's result pages.

3/ Social media optimization:- Hootsuite , Buffer
To promote your website or webpages on social media websites. like Facebook , Linkedin , Twitter etc.

4/ Pay per click advertising:-Adwords Editor, Marin, A/B testing, Multivariate testing
Pay per click (PPC), also called cost per click, is an paid model used to direct traffic to websites, in which advertisers pay the publisher when the ad is clicked.

savidge4

I know this is a dated topic, but one that really interests me. I know many in the IM world try to sell information based products, but for me personally I like selling stuff. I think in terms of SEO.. stuff is really easier.

The first thing you need to really look atis HOW and more importantly WHY a person is searching for an item. There are 4 phases in a buyers cycle that can be focussed on and targeted.

There is the information gathering phase. These are people that say hmmm I want a whatever... I will go out and see what there is,and they are simply reading to get a better understanding of the product and gain some knowledge.

Next is the compare / review stage. From the above stage they have made some amount of determination of what it is they are going to buy, and now they want to confirm / reaffirm their choice. They want to compare a with B they want to read reviews the good the bad and the ugly. they will goto social sources to see what others have said etc. At this point it is very easy to draw this category into the next

With that, the next category is the buyers. This is the category that most will tell you to target. These people are specific in what they want and are simply looking for a place to get it. Price and shipping at this point play a major role.

The last and probably least utilized aspect of the buyers cycle is the after sale support aspect. I bought a thing..how do I set it up? how do care for it? this happened how do I fix it? I just bought this theme how do i modify it? Why i say this phase is underutilized is because you are primarily working with people that have bought, been proven to buy and will buy again.

So how does all of this play into SEO. In all 4 cases the reader is wanting different things,even tho it is the same product,they are asking for and looking for different information. A good commerce site will target each of these segments.

Lets use say blenders as an example. The first category you can write about blenders in general. Break down the different types there may be and maybe how one is used etc.. general overall information.

Next you want to get more specific. Blender A vs Blender B and maybe C and D IF you are writing reviews... you do NOT want every item you review to be a winner. From a readers perspective your reviews are no longer honest and you are simply trying to sell stuff. Call a lemon a lemon and you will gain trust from the reader - and dont try and point towards the most expensive item either.. you will lose the trust factor again because you are trying to sell.

The buyers phase you want to focus on model numbers, brands, colors, sizes etc. How would you look up something you wanted to buy? If your product page is detailed enough that should grab this aspect of traffic.

After the sale support.. I am a fan of this one... for a person to consider buying from you, would it not help in that decision if there was some kind of after purchase support? If someone has already bought, and they have questions and come to your site, you answer their question and also sell after sale add ons.. they already bought, wouldn't increase your odds of selling to them at this point?

Because a commerce site tends to be a bit on the large side. I develop common pages to start and as the site develops I will pay attention to Google Analytics to see where the most interest is in my product line. I then start developing the many stages of contact from there.

Like anything to do with sales, the more times you can make a touch with a buyer the more inclined they will buy from you. In the 4 stages it could be real easy to make 4 points of contact, and really even more. If they are looking for a red thing, they goto your site, they go back and decide they want a blue thing,again back to your site. They now want a discount on a blue thing.. again to your site.

DarnelWhite

Hi

I will give similar advice I gave to someone else on another post about driving traffic. My take is that if you are selling stuff, whether your product or a affiliate product, you should go with paid ads. You get quicker results, you keep that momentum and excitement and you learn quicker about the market. Find the best niche amd targeted keywords for your product, use pay per click ads on bing, Google, yahoo and drive traffic to a good sales page that converts. If you are earning more than what you are investing in the ads, boom you have made it! Scale that and create better ads, more targeted ads, try Facebook ads and make more money.

Hope that helps

All the best

melon

A good e-commerce website requires unique content, so I recommend you to focus on that matter. Just remember about setting the keywords on particular page. Once your website is filled with good quality content, you can also promote your e-commerce store on social media channels.

Lee06

Hello,

If you dont want to wait for SEO results, you can buy ads on Google Adwords or on Facebook for example. But i advice you to work on your SEO to get natural traffic from SERPS. You can read threads on this forum to know how SEO works.

AgentProv

For your eCommerec website to be successful, you really need to have a catchy and interesting words and graphics. Mostly people visiting sites don't like to read long information about the product.

WebmasterPhil

It's not easy to promote a standalone eCommerce store. PPC can be very expensive and SEO can take forever. It's not impossible with PPC or SEO - it really comes down to your keywords and the competition competing for it. But in this day and age, it's difficult to get ranked.

If you have an eCommerce store (on your own website), I recommend using social media to draw traffic into your website and then entice them to join your email list. This is easier and possibly less expensive than PPC while far more faster than SEO.

Last edited:

markbatham

Both things are most Important, yeah no doubt its quite tough task to have unique and fresh content on every category and products but that is the part which will lead you in organic traffic, and you know organic is how important, initially you have to invest on it but later on your marketing cost will be reduced.

So going with both option will be great.

ahkansha

A few main things are look at in a eCommerce website increase overall traffic. Creating pages and highly quality pages are best ecommerce SEO. Creating aspects of Ecommerce SEO.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.