How to use Twitter for Small or Medium-sized businesses

mikemartel

Hey guys,

I really don't understand how to use Twitter very well. In no particular order, here are some questions I have about it...

What is the best way to get more Twitter followers?

How/why do you use other hashtags?

If I'm sharing one of your posts or any post, should I add any extra tags, such as your name?

What is the best way to tweet long URL's?

How can I measure conversions on Twitter?

Please share your answers on my questions, I hope I can use Twitter to expand my online business

MrGravyCakes

Hey,

Hashtags can be used when you are talking about a topic, it will then be added to a pool of other tweets about the same subject. I will give some advice on setting up a Twitter for a small business.

Make a Twitter account and follow people who are related to your subject area. If yiu have a bike shop, follow bike enthusiasts. Iu can tell what people are interested in via their profile.
Say you have just sold a bike and you want the world to know, you can tweet it. You can also put hashtags in to make it more prominent for people who are interested in it. You could tweet, for example, "Just sold my first bike!" #bikeshop #sellingbikes
These may not be perfect examples, but Inhope yiu have a better understanding from this post :)

elcidofaguy

Wow that's a lot of questions... You really need to spend some time reading up on twitter tutorials... There a loads online that you can find.. Further consider buying some books on the subject... As a quick run down on your questions:

What is the best way to get more Twitter followers?
I would follow other people on twitter (many people reciprocate), send out regular tweets with hashtags as people can find you and some do indeed decide to follow you... Get involved in discussions as well as promote your twitter channel on your website and other online platforms....

How/why do you use other hashtags?
Hashtags is how people search twitter.. With hashtags place # symbol in front of a word... Recommend that you research which hashtags get the most search stats and use them... There is no point using hashtags that nobody is searching for.

If I'm sharing one of your posts or any post, should I add any extra tags, such as your name?
No need to... Just hit the retweet button and you'll see that the tweet is shown to your followers...

What is the best way to tweet long URL's?
Use URL shortners like bit.ly, tinyurl etc

How can I measure conversions on Twitter?
With URL shortners you can see stats such as number of clicks, location etc... If you want to track clicks to your website and behaviour such as optins/sales etc then you need to add tracking code to your website... e.g. pass get parameters to actions such as button click... Try tools such as google analytics for starters...

Hope that helps!

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views