Top Tips/Secrets to Succeed In Internet Marketing

melviin

What are the top tips/secrets to succeed in internet marketing?

For me, Learn new things and try it yourself

what are your tips?

MrGravyCakes

I have a lot of suscess from Twitterfeed. It is a free site that allows you to link your Twitter account and it regularly posts your members posts as a tweet. This can be good because it really gets your name out there, but it can just tweet a welcome message that someone has posted haha.

I think overall it is a good thing to have if you like that kind of thing. It does get your name out there.

elijahcamp1

Find somone who's making it, and copy what they do. This is essential what happens in the banner world, with banners being ripped and copied.

SEOPub

Two things I tell any new marketer that asks. First of all, get your head out of your rear end. Drop all the dreams of working for 3-4 hours a week while living on the beach watching thousands of dollars pour in to your bank account. If you want to succeed in online marketing, you have to treat it like a "real job". You have to put in the hours. You have to hold yourself accountable to deadlines and goals. I have never met a successful internet marketer that got there by barely working. Hell, I work more hours now than I did when I had a "real job". It's flexible, and I can take off when I want. But I work.

Second, focus 90% of your efforts on generating traffic. Most internet marketers fail because they spend weeks or even months building and tweaking the perfect site. They have to have their content just right. The website has to layout perfectly on 75 different browsers. They must build the best autoresponder email series ever.

They do all this, and then nobody visits their site. They get frustrated and quit.

Screw all that stuff. You can build a site that is mostly crap and still make money if you flood it with traffic. Figure out the traffic side first, then you can worry about improving conversions and generating more sales. If there is no traffic, it does not matter how good your site is.

elcidofaguy

Just to add... I really think a lot of marketers really do not understand their target audience.... i.e. the pain points and how to solve their problems... As an internet marketer you need to step into other peoples shoes... You need to feel the pain lol...

As a good example I developed a site for menopause... As a bloke let me tell you that is not easy but I figured why not lol... I took the time and effort to understand how women feel going through all of that BS and once I did I figured out a massive list of benefits on products that help... the same applies to other niches... another example I hit recently is dog training... I don't own a dog and never have lol.. But by the time I put my promotional sh** out you would be convinced given how I focused on pain points and how to solve those irritating problems... life changing making it a no brainer!!!

The best advice I can give is know your target audience before you even begin putting together your offers etc... as otherwise people will see through that sh** and know you are not genuine...

In the end - words sell... Not fancy graphics, pictures etc.... Focus on your copy writing and conversions... Traffic is hugely important but in my opinion that wont matter unless your sales page converts.... In fact you may find you dont need massive amounts of traffic, you dont even need to rank #1 on the SERPs.... Do it right and you'll be able to do it covertly with joint ventures, affiliate offers, ads, email marketing, video marketing, social as well as organic traffic etc...

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.