Gimp is Good!

MrGravyCakes

Gimp is a free software for making graphics for the computer. It is liek paint, yet more advanced. You can make logos with it, pre made logos that you can edit. You can make web graphics, icons, there are so many options that you have to look for to find, and when you find them, you will be quickly making things for your website that will benefit it greatly. I did not know all of this until I needed to make something for my forum, I looked at Gimp and had alook at the features and there is quite a lot of good stuff there!

Do you use Gimp or are you a Photoshopper. Why?

brandonolguin

I heard about Gimp but not ever used it before.

I have used Photoshop cs for editing and making any simple graphics

Does Gimp have any advantage over Photoshop?

MrGravyCakes

MrGravyCakes
One thing I would say is its free and I think it can be used just as good as Photoshop, bar some professional things. You couldn't make a professional magazine with it, but you can with Photoshop.

I do feel that people go straight to photoshop for everything, when they could save money and do it on Gimp. If they don't know if the can do something on Gimp, Google it. I am sure there will be other people who have thought of doing it and made guides on how to do it in Gimp, saving so much money than using Photoshoop. The quality is fine in my opionon, but I would be interested what other people think about this.

RDO Servers

I'm no graphics pro by any means!

I know my way around the basic of Photoshop and use it from time to time.

I have never used Gimp, but it does look interesting. May have to give it a try.

drastic

I think Gimp sucks. It's like an advanced microsoft paint with a piss poor user panel and after having it for a few days, it quickly found the bottom of my recycling bin.

It may be free, but it's definitely not as good.

Photoshop and Illustrator are the best for a reason.

bijutoha

Gimp! Yes I used for a while. But after taking the Ps & Ai I'm now free from it. But it is also a good tool for Graphic Designer.

Hostlumina

ahhh... old gimp... I thought it was dead! Used it long time ago and it felt bulky and not user friendly at all. Not sure how much it has changed but definitely an OK option.

Personally, hands down for Photoshop.

Luca

I have also used Gimp in the past, but I find Photoshop to be more user-friendly (at least for me) :)

orangesweety

Gimp is a popular freeware tool to design elements, icons, graphics etc., I have heard from my friends that many corporate companies are also using Gimp only to design some product icons kinds of works.

edwardkenway

Basically Gimp is alternative of photoshop software, Photoshop has great feature but it's not totally free. But in this situation Gimp is totally free and it's works like PS, Gimp the software can make logos , banner and so forth. This is why people are using gimp, for the free offer.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.