which traffic source has the best conversion rate?

arindamb

Hi,
It's not new to everyone here but I certainly shows you how good social media really is, but in regards to making money online, which traffic source has the best conversion rate? social media, paid traffic or organic traffic?
why?

RDO Servers

Social Media is best for brand recognition and keeping visitors informed about what you're doing, and hopefully get them coming back to your site.

Most people still prefer to simply scroll through their Facebook/Twitter news feed without doing much clicking unless it is something that really interests them. When they see your company/business once, they probably won't even notice. Once they see it over and over, they may decide to take a closer look, or will at least recognize your brand when they see it again.

Things like this can pay off in the long run, but I doubt you will make much money from it in the short run.

Archana

Almost every strategy is best for attaining huge traffic within a website. But the most genuine and long lasting technique would be to go for organic traffic. This is best and good for website as well.

Nytshade

I just checked the optin form stats on my blog after reading your question and search engines win :)

For me it's search engines, social media (mostly facebook, twitter, youtube and google+) then followed by tumblr, stumbleupon (even though I don't have a stumbleupon account) and other sites.

Even though search engines are my number 1 traffic source, I was expecting social media to be number 1 in terms of conversions because I get a lot of engagement on social networks. But numbers don't lie.

I can't vouch for paid traffic because I use it once in a while, I rely on free traffic. But looking at my stats, if I were to include paid traffic then it would be in this order:

1. Search engines
2. Social Media
3. Paid

I'm really good with social media marketing that is why I can get better conversions doing social media marketing. Some people may argue and say paid traffic can be 2nd (better than social), but if you look carefully you'll realize that they're not good at social media marketing.

Most marketers can't even get 10 post shares. I'm not talking about likes, comments or blog shares. I'm talking about the shares on each post that is on your social profile/page. So I don't think it's fair to say paid traffic is better than social if you can't do proper social marketing :)

So I hope everyone who answers OP's question does a fair analysis.

And hope that answers your question OP.

KishoreSingh

Running PPC campaign and doing internet marketing for a particular business can help to attract more online visitors towards an online business rapidly.

oldnickb

Depends on your offer. I have sites in different niches and the traffic figures are quite unique. For example I have a site in the health market and traffic from social media converts best. In the MMO niche I don't get anything like as good a response.

Overall I get my best conversions from my mailing lists, so the focus is always list building, list building and list building.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.