Long titles or short ones?

arindamb

I used to write long title for blog posts but I am wondering if only 3 or 5 words with keywords in the title, which is better for ranking?

Does long title have more SEO friendly?

marco

For new website is best to use long-tail keywords as that will give you more chances of ranking for such keyword cause the competition is low! Once your website starts ranking high for many longtail keywords then Google will start increasing your rankings for show ones as that will indicate authority for Google which is quite important factor in SEO.

RDO Servers

#1 rule. Write for readers, not for search engines.

You want your title to grab your visitors attention and make them read the article. Make sure you are also writing high quality, engaging content that visitors will want to read and share. Then you will get lots of organic traffic and backlinks, which will increase your rankings.

You can spend all your time writing content for search engines, but if no humans want to read and share it, your still not going to get the results you want!

Webmaster.Xochitl

Yea, it's really true that long title have more SEO friendly. I also use long title for blog posts because it helps for better ranking in search engines.

kevinarndale

It is always better for an article to have a meaningful title - be it long or short. Make sure that your keyword/s are within stipulated 55 character limit. Make it engaging for the reader to click the title and read the matter. Make use of power words like "ninja tips","things you should know", "hot tips" etc. On the whole make it absolutely interesting like you would want to read it yourself.

HOST1PLUS

The results of some research shows that your title has to be as short as possible however there is always a possibility to make your own choice. The thing is that people are trying to get as much information in a short period of time, so if it will be long - he might not even read it. I know a media company that is actually telling their staff to make the titles in only thre words. This is really a great challenge and the fact that they are one of the most popular media in the country makes sense at least a little.

tk-hassan

It shouldn't be pretty long or pretty short , for me the ideal length should be around 12-14 words.

lorettalschmitz

It should be descriptive, like a newspaper title – NOT a list of keywords, But of course it should contain keywords.It should be no longer than 100 characters, including spaces (err on the side of fewer characters), Repeating words is not necessary.
As a content marketer, it’s your job to get keywords into that tag in a natural way. If you can do that effectively, you will see relevant traffic pouring in over time.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.